Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to the Future!

Default Back to the Future!

Hello my long lost friends.

I now realize the time has advanced well into the future since my last report in July of 2011.

I've been attempting to get back involved with you all for quite some time but the work front and some electronic issues have keep me from posting. My comp. has been down and my "FLIP" phone has been unable to connect for some time!

Made some last minute plans to get out in the surf as a mentor to 3 newbies. Been a while so I too was doubting whether I could even still read any charts as far as conditions were concerned. It was decided to start at the location of this past HG6 location at Will Rodgers as I figured the location was pretty user friendly to the newbies.

Arrived at 0600 and suited up to these conditions of very flat water, good bait present, minimal weed issues, but no one wanted to play on the nice rising am tide. We gave it a good work over prior to returning to our vehicles and make the attempt to get turned around to the north in the 0800 PCH traffic.

Arrived at the next location and this is my second image I saw after scanning what looked like even better conditions than the first location. Would it be a magical castle that dreams are made of?

Was not to be as this was my next image after scanning the horizon. It will teach him to mess with the well fortified artillery from those defending their territory. Our artillery of LC's, Cast Masters, & Swim Baits were not producing any bites.

Mike(531lead) as seen here in a HG6 pick was the first to get in on the action after switching to a drop shot rig for a few small piglet perch and his first ever pancakes on just his second surf session.

Eddie (Hesbros) decided to break the smelly with his first surf Bone!

This long lost buddy of mine finally decided to go fishing again. He has sure grown since the last time we enjoyed some fishing time together.

On just his second Surf trip he managed his first ever surf butt at a so close 21+.

Happy Holidays to all!

Now it's time to catch up on some replies to you all!
    Last edited by flyngby; 12-11-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Well well well...
    How have things been Steve?!
    Good to see a report from you Bud.
    Also very cool of you to take out some guys for a series in the sand.
    I see Eddie even wanted to come out and play a bit...
    Glad you had a nice morning in the surf Bro.
    Maybe this will lead to a few more trips to the beach..
    Happy holidays to you and yours,
    Robert
    <><

Great to see you back out there Steve! Seems like you made your way back to the surf just in time for Mother Nature to shut it down on us for a couple weeks. Looks like foul weather ahead but god knows we could use some rain. Hope you and your family have a great holiday!

Don

Brotha Steve,

What a pleasant surprise ... to open the FNN site and to see a posting from you once again! There is a Santa!

First of all Steve ... your lack of presence was noticed by all and you were missed at HG-6!
    With that being said ....
    It's really good to see you in the surf again my senior SWAT Brotha!

Heck ... I remember the last time that we fished together .... it was just before the MLPA closed Pt Dume and we had hiked and fished our way to Paradise Cove.
    Ha ha ha! You were showing all of us newbies how to beach legal Hali's by beaching one right in front of us !!!! How'd he do dat?!?!?
    That was a fun day for me!

Well you didn't really pick a good time for your salt water return ... due storm surges.
    But any day in the surf is a good day in my books regardless of the outcome ... when you spend the time with family and friends.

Once you get all of that fire smoke out of your lungs and the Holidays are once again behind us ... I'd appreciate my next lesson from you ... on how to beach a legal Halibut.

Thanx Steve for the festive fish report with pic's!

Sincerely ..... "The Grasshopper"!

SP Dan <"))><

"Happy Holidays" to you Brotha .... and to all of your family and loved ones!

Nice going out there in the suds, welcome back!

TD

Default Great day with friends (FLYNGBY/son and HESBROS)

Pictures from trip to surf
    My First surf butt or as Steve calls it. A pancake.

image by honda98mike, on Flickr

Waiting for his ride home

Free at last

Well dust off the ol cob webs sir......Good to see ya back on the FNN. I do know you have been getting some sand in between your toes as of late though. I always knew you would find your way home after fighting all of those fires. You were truly missed at HGVI my friend.
    Give me a buzz if you want to hit it up some time buddy!
    YA GOT MY NUMBER!!

Mike

Good to see the crusty old SWAT fishermen still swinging for the fences! Might be awhile before any of us get to try with this impending storm, although the lobsters may come out and play this go around. Hope the holidays are filled with cheer my friend, and you still got it bro.

Hi Steve

Nice to see you put up a report on the forum. And a good one at that!!! I'm glad you've been able to get out on the sand and do it in style - sharing your experience with others!!!

Last time I saw you was when Noelle and I got to hang out with you and your son at the trout derby at Hanson Dam back last April (before that it was at HG 5 when you came by to help out my girls) If you are up Ventura way and wanting to hit up some spots give me a jingle. It would be an honor to hang out with you again.

Take care,

Nick
    Last edited by anchor3n1; 12-11-2014 at 07:08 PM.

Hi Mr. Steve,
    I like your report!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Can't wait to see you again and fish with you!!!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!

Take Care,

Alexa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast