Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: Give a Big Shout out to the new Stewarts of our Sport

I think it is interesting that this thread is still alive. I was there that day (see earlier post in first few pages of thread) I never saw anything fishy and I hucked a big bait in the marina for nearly 4 hours. There were some shenanigans going on with live trout as I recall but it wasn't this guy. He and his buddies were hucking Deps and Savage Gears while I was there. They were friendly too. Not causing any trouble.

One question though: Did you really hire an attorney to run off Tom? If so...Wow....

Fortunately my best friend is an attorney....I asked him about this. He says that Slander and Libel are only worth pursuing if you can prove a significant loss of your income based on the statements made. Historically, he says that is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to prove in court. So my guess is that if you really got a lawyer involved that he sent that Tom guy a cease and desist letter...which really is nothing more than a scare tactic. And if you paid a retainer to a lawyer to do that then I am even more flabbergasted!

I think at this point on FNN I have officially heard it all!!! Wowzers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Fortunately my best friend is an attorney....I asked him about this. He says that Slander and Libel are only worth pursuing if you can prove a significant loss of your income based on the statements made. Historically, he says that is nearly IMPOSSIBLE to prove in court. So my guess is that if you really got a lawyer involved that he sent that Tom guy a cease and desist letter...which really is nothing more than a scare tactic. And if you paid a retainer to a lawyer to do that then I am even more flabbergasted!
    I think if you look at the so-called lawyer's name, it will give you a clue if he was joking or not.

"M. Barrast, Attorney at Law"

As in, "Embarrassed, Attorney at Law."

(Although if someone sent me a C&D letter because I harassed them on the Internet, it would be entertainment for all to see because like you, Stormcrow, I know a few attorneys that would respond for fun.)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I think if you look at the so-called lawyer's name, it will give you a clue if he was joking or not.

(Although if someone sent me a C&D letter because I harassed them on the Internet, it would be entertainment for all to see because like you, Stormcrow, I know a few attorneys that would respond for fun.)

OMG Dark I totally fell for it. I didn't even see it until you pointed it out! I thought it was for real!!!!

I totally have to laugh at myself now.

I think it is interesting that this thread is still alive. I was there that day (see earlier post in first few pages of thread) I never saw anything fishy and I hucked a big bait in the marina for nearly 4 hours. There were some shenanigans going on with live trout as I recall but it wasn't this guy. He and his buddies were hucking Deps and Savage Gears while I was there. They were friendly too. Not causing any trouble.

One question though: Did you really hire an attorney to run off Tom? If so...Wow....

I think at this point on FNN I have officially heard it all!!! Wowzers.

M. Barrast, Attorney at Law. Irvine CA.

He's definitely a "Call Saul" kinda guy, on retainer. Yes, there is usually some kind of loss/damages that needs to be shown. Tom, trying to be a good stewart for the fishies got put off by his own faults, so that was much easier than cease/desist/filing.

I never saw any video, only the original picture that was up for a little while.

There is also confirmation that what was accused, was actually false. Supposedly, all of it never happened!

Again, it's not what you know, it's what you can prove (for either side of of the table).

**it happens.

Last edited by hookdfisherman; 06-28-2016 at 12:17 AM.

Dark,

you don't know what you're talking about!

As(s) thanks.

Seymour Butts

lol
    Last edited by hookdfisherman; 06-28-2016 at 12:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hookdfisherman View Post

I never saw any video, only the original picture that was up for a little while.

There is also confirmation that what was accused, was actually false.

As(s) (But), this is really true and I can prove it!

OMG Dark I totally fell for it. I didn't even see it until you pointed it out! I thought it was for real!!!!

I totally have to laugh at myself now.

Hilarious, thanks.

Tom apparently thought HookdFisherman's crew was using a live trout. He called DFG on him, DFG showed up and couldn't prove anything.

Tom apparently thought it was still a good idea to come on to FNN and call out the alleged trout chuckers, and sarcastically called them "Stewarts [sic] of our Sport"

Stewarts?

Then an InterWebs argument was had:

The End

I didn't see this earlier but yeah that's totally accurate and that's tom n me.
    Last edited by hookdfisherman; 06-28-2016 at 12:19 AM. Reason: btw, i like the way this story turned out, but i laughed much more at your version.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425