Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Give a Big Shout out to the new Stewarts of our Sport

Quote Originally Posted by dbfishing View Post
    Too bad this world wasn't meant to be perfect. Crimes will be committed can't stop em
    All Too many worry about what others shouldn't do rather than setting the example. Can't fix stupid
    For those of us with a moral compass and who know right from wrong this comment is ugly. Long gone are the American values of doing the right thing and holding others accountable.

By your standards if I saw someone commit a murder I should "mind my own".

Quit being an enabler and stand up against criminal behavior

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    For those of us with a moral compass and who know right from wrong this comment is ugly. Long gone are the American values of doing the right thing and holding others accountable.

By your standards if I saw someone commit a murder I should "mind my own".

Quit being an enabler and stand up against criminal behavior
    Your really comparing murdering someone to using a trout to catch a striper All I'm
    Saying crimes have and will be committed just set the example rather than trying to govern hat everybody else is doing. Te only person you can actually control is yourself calling caltip is one thing bit no need to be confrontational

If this is going on the way you say it is they will be caught and have to deal with the consequences of their actions

Tom perhaps you missed this from post #20. Quote "but us youngins hate authority." I did not miss it and it explains only to well what is wrong with many in society today. No respect for "Authority" and any kind of authority be it Law Enforcement, Teacher or Parents authority. And many wonder why we have a failing society and moral collapse among our youth and many adults today.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    here is a little know Tidbit about Perris in the last 7 days
    Couple of the guy at the gate say over 20 violations were giving for various infractions since this started.
    The Le is now Looking and paying attention
    No not all violations are for trout Chucking
    Perris shoreline at the moment is free of the trout chuckers.....yes one day another Crew will return....but they will be caught
    Well I now have hope that my phone call to CalTip discussing my and others concerns about events at Lake Perris did not fall on deaf ears.

Ignorance is not a legal defense in a court of law and here is the law that Tom cites as being violating:

ARTICLE 3. BAIT REGULATIONS FOR
    INLAND WATERS
    4.00. BAIT-GENERAL.
    Legally acquired and possessed invertebrates,
    mollusks, crustaceans, amphibians (except
    salamanders), fish eggs and treated and processed
    foods may be used for bait, except:
    (a) No species specified as endangered, threatened,
    candidate, fully-protected, or otherwise protected
    under state and federal law may be used as bait.
    (b) No salamander may be used as bait. See section
    5.05 for other amphibians that may be used as bait.
    (c) See Section 5.35 for restrictions on crayfish;
    (d) See Section 7.50(b)(74) for restriction on bait
    collecting in Hat Creek;
    (e) No trout may be maintained or possessed in
    a live condition in any container on or attached
    to any boat;

(f ) Except for restrictions listed under special
    regulations, dead ocean fish may be used as bait
    statewide. This section supersedes the provisions
    of sections 4.10, 4.15, 4.20, 4.25 and 4.30

Tom , being a bass guy I would hope my fellow bass guys would have more respect. Sorry to hear this

Keep calm and fish on

9. Default

Oh my, what happened here? Missed the thread....

Default For your eyes only, only for you, You see what no one else can see...

Ok, you're going to get hit like you asked but not about the "green carp fisherman" comment... I woulda kept quiet, but you came back on...

Quote Originally Posted by hookdfisherman View Post
    Just keep those video cameras on the dl, some kids are criminals, some criminals are violent, luckily our kids weren't violent although some can swing a pretty mean skateboard. Also, in the backwoods some violent crimes are committed. How are we going to feel about that if calling caltip results in some type of injury to the tipper? Just use caution in all lake and stream side police work!
    Ah now the attempted Scare tactic...
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    A number of FNN members are active, reserve or retired LEO's, many others are active, reserve or retired Military vets and I also know a few that are ordinary citizens that have CCW permits.
    Also per PENAL CODE SECTION 25600-25655
    Section 25400 does not apply to, or affect, licensed hunters or fishermen carrying pistols, revolvers, or other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person while engaged in hunting orfishing, or transporting those firearms unloaded when going to orreturning from the hunting or fishing expedition.

I know that a law breaker attempting violence or retribution could get the surprise of a lifetime from any of the above and it will leave a lasting mark.
    You would be surprised how many CCW permits are out there....or who has them

Yes, who all might be carrying? care to clarify? Would this be a scare tactic if the "bad guy" is also carrying a weapon? Or should we all just throw caution to the wind?

As far as anyone can tell, violators who chuck trout may or may not pack heat, but let's say he/she just happens to pack, catches you recording him/her and doesn't want to get cited for a what? a $1500 fine? Might this hoodlum and criminal take it upon him/herself to deprive you of your video session? Oh wait, then you can shoot back in self defense... me, I think I would do ok in a fire fight, but I wouldn't be recording in the first place to entice such a confrontation, we have Law Enforcement in place for such antics. Good luck with "your possible" fire fight (Tom)my GUN.

It'll be fun listening to the story of a gunfight because someone was fishing with a trout, news at 11.

the good thing about you being the last hold out s your real feelings and your lack of respect for both LE and the sport....should i say your True colors are shinning brightly!!

Much like the star on top of a Christmas tree

So I have a lack of respect for Law Enforcement??

I wonder who really thought about this statement before this rant was posted on the board?

Read on Charlie Brown...

While the rangers seem nice enough they also seem like i am bothering them if i call them most times

heck not sure what to do

Fish and games seem Ho Hum about it also

Your feelings are very familiar to me and the problem is rampant.

I Feel the DFG .... DFW..or DFTree Huggers need to be replaced with Sportsmen who have not yet gone Numb to the situation....some of the Authorities do care..other have just given up

So you're saying that some of our officers don't give a chit? Which Law Enforcement Officers would cop to this? The Good Ones or the Bad ones? Can you please point them out, it's a little difficult for me.

It seems from another rant of yours, some are guilty of complacency of duty. Wait, would he be the one you never gave a chance to ENFORCE the laws of the State of California because you chose to withhold your evidence about those hoodlum "kids"? You remember those criminals, right? The "kids" you called out because of their disrespectful behavior to you?

Or, could it be the State Officers who are not actual sportsman and who have given up (gone numb to the situation, did you say?) concerning the sport of fishing?

Can we get all these lazy DFG, DFW and Rangers to step forward and give up their jobs and badges because "some of us disrespected, self-centered, evidence hiding vigilantes" know that you could care less about the laws you were sworn to uphold.

BTW, by Tom's description "these bums" (and you know who you are)... need to step down or at least quit acting like Tom is bothering you when he files a complaint, doesn't show you the evidence that was kept for his eyes only, and then posts on a public forum that you DO NOTHING about protecting our fisheries.

Please remember that this evidence was only slightly and measurably released when an apology wasn't publicly given and thus respect was denied. A torrent of this evidence was threatened to be released if this respect that was demanded by the man who videotaped the incident was not given; remember complete and utter respect, otherwise consequences must be exacted.

I believe as stated before. A comment like the on you posted usually shows you are in some way part of the problem

This could be because you just don't care about our sports laws being broken?

possible you engage in the same Act?

you know someone who commits theses acts?

you are one of them who perpetrated the acts?

You sometime engage in Illegal fishing of some type... Skeletons hiding in the Closet

maybe over limits of trout in the sierras ?

if none of this is true.................

Your way of setting the example would be???

fishing next to them saying nothing as you watch them commit a crime?

how would you set an example ?

The attitude of the new generation fishing has become increasingly worse

you are either part of the fix or part of the eventual demise of this great sport

Could it be that some of us do not break the laws of California but set the example by reporting, fully, any laws being broken whenever possible and not keeping any evidence obtained "from law enforcement", so it can be later used against the law breakers to demand respect on FNN?

here is a little known Tidbit about Perris in the last 7 days

Couple of the guy at the gate say over 20 violations were giving for various infractions since this started.

The Le is now Looking and paying attention

No not all violations are for trout Chucking

Perris shoreline at the moment is free of the trout chuckers.....yes one day another Crew will return....but they will be caught

All those new guys being cited for breaking the laws at Perris as reported by the guys at the gate, that's good.

You probably think it's all your doing because you caught the "kids" on the dock, but in reality, "you just let those kids get away with breaking the law".

They should have been cited and their gear confiscated? But in your setting a good example for the concern for our fisheries, YOU LET THEM GO!!! AND, you let them go because, again, why? Oh yeah, you were exacting your own pound of flesh from these "kids" for disrespecting you.

For letting the hoodlums and criminals free, Thanks Tom, you are a great example for the great name of sport fishing in our State!

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    Well I now have hope that my phone call to CalTip discussing my and others concerns about events at Lake Perris did not fall on deaf ears.

Seems to be the only guy that really contributed as a good steward for the sport was this guy... He is the only one who claims to have called out the hoodlums to the DFG.

It seems no one else really called them or gave full disclosure as to this thread and the violations of topic;

yup, yup, I know that Tom did not come forthwith.
    Last edited by hookdfisherman; 06-27-2016 at 11:58 PM.

Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast