Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: lake isabella on thanxgiving

the fish finder showed a ton of fish on the finder. a lot at 24 to 32 feet. I even pulled lead core at 4 to six colors with the various needle fish and rapalas which I have done great in the past. I wish I would have drifted some night crawlers.cant wait for the water to clear up-----it will be wide open.thanx for the replies everybody.

I bet you were eating shish kebab and tabouli on the boat?

Next time chum the kebab. It helps!

How far a drive is it from Hiway 395? ... I thought someone said about 45 minutes ...???

well hopefully the lake will grow some cover, and get established, so when the lake does eventually fill, the spawn will have a better survival rate, b nice if the locals would plant some cover, but that would take a permit. At least the fish are concentrated, and have easy meals, maybe next time you will have better luck, cause I know theirs a lot of fish in the lake

Default thanx

thanx for the responses,will try again soon

Quote Originally Posted by hrnytoad102 View Post
    well hopefully the lake will grow some cover, and get established, so when the lake does eventually fill, the spawn will have a better survival rate, b nice if the locals would plant some cover, but that would take a permit. At least the fish are concentrated, and have easy meals, maybe next time you will have better luck, cause I know theirs a lot of fish in the lake
    Izzy Now and when its full needs no more cover..it is everywhere from trees Rocks...foundations Underwater aqueducts points more rock more tress new bushes on shore New trees on shore more old fences under water 3 river channels..road beds

Izzy just needs more water and it will not get it till they repair the dam 2017

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12