Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Stupid Question but....

Default Stupid Question but....

Been fishing the "trench" by the perris beach pier for years, but never knew what structure eats all my gear there. Is it cables, trees or what?

Don't quote me but I think that's where the outlet is...

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Tom; 01-25-2015 at 09:10 AM.

There are tons of things to snag you up in that area...Rocks that didnt have silt on them because of the inlet current over the years have snagged hundreds and thousands of peoples line causing them to break off, mono, flouro and even braid. That in itself causes a lot of break offs because of the tangled web of old line down there.. And also sunken boats... Also pipes from the inlet...
    Rocks, line, sunken boats and pipes= MAJOR BREAKOFFS.. Me and my buddies know that area as "DEATH".... We try to avoid it or it will quickly steal whatever we are throwing...Guaranteed.

Pete

Thanks for replies. Greatly appreciated . see you on the water. Went today got a 7lb on dropshot off bernasconi. My buddy got several 1 1/2lb cookie cutters off island.

That photo would be worth 1000's of sonar images ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    the sides are lined with Riprap like the dam....also left over sections of inlet pipe
    and now thet dumped a couple boats
    the area out from the dock is the inlet hole....the goes to about a 10ft channel to the opposite side of the dam to the outlet....starting with another deep hole by the bouy line
    the inlet from silverwood is next to the road then through a pipe to to the hole under water in front of the disability dock pipe is is underground
    i have a old pic somewhere of the hole before and as it filled
    i will try and find it
    tom