Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: It's November and Top Water is still alive and well ?????

Default It's November and Top Water is still alive and well ?????

Got out for a Duct fix today. Over slept and didn't hit the water until 7. People were everywhere today - probably the busiest I've seen it in a long time. First fish came in around 8am on the Silver Bullet, a super model skinny Striper.

About an hour later, a dreaded UGC and thought my day had just been doomed. Did my best to get stink off of me.

Finally just before 11am, I pick this one off the bottom.

Used the new Bako Boy measuring tape and as you can see, it measured out at 54

Decided to go hit an area I havent been to in a while and that's where I found the top water bite. First cast and several Stripers fighting to get the Silver Bullet and they all missed. And then I casted and casted and casted and then I figured out how to lure them back out. Tons of blowups, short hookups and landed only one. Saw a piggy there though. He didn't totally commit and I think the white t-shirt I was wearing (bad idea) spooked him away. Fun spot even though I didn't get more hook ups.

Moved on to last spot, and it's 12:30pm. Once again, I throw out the Silver Bullet and several Stripers come out and maul it and one fatty hung on for a ride up the bank. Super healthy and strong fighter. And then they disappeared.

Was a beautiful day to be out fishing. Clean air, nice breeze with the sun coming in and out of the clouds. I think I ended up landing 6 and missed a whole bunch on top water. Top water in November, that's not normal right? And CB did call it regarding the bite picking up later in the day. That Silver Bullet pattern sure seems work well in the Duct.

Oh, and here's what I found in their bellies:

FWD

Ran into Wiley Coyote today too. He raced me in my truck for a few hundred yards and then his race ended when he ran face first into the end of the fence. Tried to get in on video, but only got a picture of stunned after hitting the fence. Swear I heard a Beep Beep and 20 minutes later I ran into the Roadrunner.

FWD

Sweet. Great report FWD
    Hmm Good use of the the new bako measuring tape.
    Definitely a solid 54"

Legit 54!...

Way to go Dave!...

Great report Dave.
    Bako Boys keep racking them up... 54
    Nice!!!
    Beep Beep

Lmfao to the coyote...
    Congrats Dave..
    Go back and get that big boy you saw.

Good chit Dave!!

Love the bako measure tape.