Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Long Beach Yakkin' 11/22/14

Default Long Beach Yakkin' 11/22/14

On the water at 0830 off the water at 1430. First fish was at 1300 SUPER STOKED about that little skunk beater. Towards the end of the day I managed to bag another one at 13". An octopus was also caught today, but it slithered away before I got a chance to get any pictures.

My arms, neck, and back are sore as hell lol!

-IF2L

Looks like you had fun despite the slow day. Skunk = good day 'cause you got to fish; no skunk = a great day. Lol! At least you will have muscle man arms. The girls will dig that. Can't wait for our next yak trip. Maybe we can make it to Catalina.

Hi ifishtoolittle:

Nice work on the spottys. They are such pretty fish.

I loved floating around NPH with my brother in an army surplus two man inflatable and catching spots and sandys when we were kids. But it wasn't very easy to get around with those cheap plastic oars and having to pump more air after a couple hours in the water. So...you look like you've got it going in your yak and having such a good time.

Enjoy, snap the pictures and keep up the reports,

Take care,

Nick

Nice going on the new ride Bryan! Looks like it was a fun cruise around the harbor.

Don

Get a Hobie and have your hands free to fish! LOL Check out youtube for paddling techniques. I didn't realize there was a lot more involved than just using your arms to paddle. Nice job getting the skunk off your back. Try heading out a little earlier next time.

I really likely reading other peoples fishing reports,
    When I read that other people catching fish ... it just gets me all
    pumped up and excited inside to get right back out there in the
    salt again!

Thanks for Giving all of a lil' inspiration for the "holidays"!

"Have a wonderful "Thanksgiving"!

SP Dan. <"))><

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoBasster View Post
    Looks like you had fun despite the slow day. Skunk = good day 'cause you got to fish; no skunk = a great day. Lol! At least you will have muscle man arms. The girls will dig that. Can't wait for our next yak trip. Maybe we can make it to Catalina.
    lol skunking after carrying all my stuff to the beach was not an option that day! We'll whack some yellows at Catalina lol!

Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    Hi ifishtoolittle:

Nice work on the spottys. They are such pretty fish.

I loved floating around NPH with my brother in an army surplus two man inflatable and catching spots and sandys when we were kids. But it wasn't very easy to get around with those cheap plastic oars and having to pump more air after a couple hours in the water. So...you look like you've got it going in your yak and having such a good time.

Enjoy, snap the pictures and keep up the reports,

Take care,

Nick
    Thanks Nick. I've seen some guys do it at the LAB before. It was pretty comical but man did it look relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by bachiboy View Post
    Nice going on the new ride Bryan! Looks like it was a fun cruise around the harbor.

Don
    It was a day of exploration Don. Pretty fun and got a good workout.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysuuun View Post
    Get a Hobie and have your hands free to fish! LOL Check out youtube for paddling techniques. I didn't realize there was a lot more involved than just using your arms to paddle. Nice job getting the skunk off your back. Try heading out a little earlier next time.
    lol A hobie is the final goal. I got this Malibu to get my feet wet for the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by SP Dan View Post
    I really likely reading other peoples fishing reports,
    When I read that other people catching fish ... it just gets me all
    pumped up and excited inside to get right back out there in the
    salt again!

Thanks for Giving all of a lil' inspiration for the "holidays"!

"Have a wonderful "Thanksgiving"!

SP Dan. <"))><
    Thanks SP Dan! Your reports are inspiring as well! I'll have to give surf fishing another shot someday. And, have a wonder Thanksgiving as well.

Did you launch from Mother's Beach?

Quote Originally Posted by jicasiano View Post
    Did you launch from Mother's Beach?
    Yep .