Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silverwood Slayfest

Default Silverwood Slayfest

Got an invite to fish Silverwood with MO last night so I got my top water gear out of my boat to slay um. Later got a call from Mo that he had a flat tire and was going to have to cancel as getting it fixed we would miss the morning topwater bite. Then miracles happened and MO called around 7:50am this morning and said he was on the road and do you still want to fish? U bet was the answer and MO picked me and my gear up at the Redneck Riviera and up the hill we went. Well we hit the water shortly before 10:00am and were certain the top water bite was over.
    Taking Cutbaits advice on the last slay he had on top water with frogs I brought frogs and spooks. MO said no to the frog idea and to use U rigs. Well being innovative (UGC guy) I loaded the U rig with frogs and the slay began. First one then a double and MO was stunned. It was only when a triple was boated that MO asked if I had any extra frogs so he could get on um.
    I'll let MO post pics of the slayin' and attest to the new top water method. Thanks to Cutbait for the intel.

Lmao. It's Frog season. Secrets out now.

So much for the secret frog bite!. Were they still stalking the bait in the weed mats?

. glad you two got on them and got on them good!

I see Dev start tying on frogs and I'm like uuuum NO!!! This has to be a joke. Wtf? I asked if CB put him up to this. Apparently cb told him to be patient and work it. I would have never believed if I didn't see it with my own eyes.

I think it was 2nd or 3 rd cast and yup it happened. GREAT now a bass guy on the boat throwing frogs all day!!

Then never saw it happen it again until the end of the day when it went WFO and he got a triple on frogs!!! WTF. I hate you Cutbait!!

I never expected any topwater fish especially after 1 pm. But ended with a handful of tw too. Not WFO but decent! FYI all tw fish I got Super fast retrieve skipping across the water.

Dev kept trying to pull out curl tail roboworms and I kept putting them back in his bag.

Anyways great time and we crushed them and then some!!!

FYI... I sent pics to Dev on his phone and he said he couldn't post them because he got the new flip phone.

Lol, frogs on an a-rig? WTF??? Is this another Bako Boy style pullin your leg till it hurts thread? Lol, wonder how many are going to show up tomorrow throwing froggie schools around the lake? And a mixed platter of them at that! Lol...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Lol, frogs on an a-rig? WTF??? Is this another Bako Boy style pullin your leg till it hurts thread? Lol, wonder how many are going to show up tomorrow throwing froggie schools around the lake? And a mixed platter of them at that! Lol...
    It's da troof, trust me.

NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

Priceless to say the least,,,,,,,,,,,you guys ROCK!

WTG my friends!

IM up next,,,,,,

TRAIL BLAZER

Alright frogman this is how you hookup see ! Gigum

I'm speechless... So I'll just ask... Who gets credit for the innovative Striper killing technique? Cutbait for trying the frog first? Dev for puttin the frogs on an A Rig? Or MO for lettin it happen on his boat?

Quote Originally Posted by MustHuntAndFish View Post
    I'm speechless... So I'll just ask... Who gets credit for the innovative Striper killing technique? Cutbait for trying the frog first? Dev for puttin the frogs on an A Rig? Or MO for lettin it happen on his boat?
    What exactly does "letting it happen on his boat" mean?..

Frogs are a proven fish catching lure. Scoff all you want

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast