Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: $100 Bills

Default $100 Bills

I have a rant of the day. Today i went to a Bagel shop(who shall remain nameless) to buy bagels and muffins and coffee and things for the guys here at work. After ordering everything and getting a total of $72 and change, I tried to pay with a Hundred Dollar Bill. The cashier looks at me and said they don't take hundred dollar bills. I told her it was $72 and that's only $28 dollars back, that wouldn't leave them without change. She said its their policy not to accept $100 bills. She said I could pay with a debit card, I said no thanks and walked out. Went fuming back to the truck. Is there any law that states businesses have to accept legal US tender?

Quote Originally Posted by Serg View Post
    I have a rant of the day. Today i went to a Bagel shop(who shall remain nameless) to buy bagels and muffins and coffee and things for the guys here at work. After ordering everything and getting a total of $72 and change, I tried to pay with a Hundred Dollar Bill. The cashier looks at me and said they don't take hundred dollar bills. I told her it was $72 and that's only $28 dollars back, that wouldn't leave them without change. She said its their policy not to accept $100 bills. She said I could pay with a debit card, I said no thanks and walked out. Went fuming back to the truck. Is there any law that states businesses have to accept legal US tender?
    The owners of the shop probably feared getting a counterfeit $100 dollar bill. Like any business they can set their own rules, as long as it doesn't discriminate because of someone's race, gender or who they voted for in the last election. lol I haven't looked recently, but on our paper money it use to say, "good for all debts public and private."
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-19-2014 at 03:02 PM.

wow.....this site keeps getting better and better....

Quote Originally Posted by madbass View Post
    wow.....this site keeps getting better and better....
    If people are going to go "ALL HATER" on legitimate fish reports, this is all that's going to be left on this site!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    If people are going to go "ALL HATER" on legitimate fish reports, this is all that's going to be left on this site!!!!!!
    not hating...just making an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by madbass View Post
    not hating...just making an observation.
    I'm totally sorry!!!!! You are not hating!!!!! It's people who trash someone else's fishes fish reports I was referring too. If they keep that up, "NO ONE" will write fish reports any more and the only things left will be rants about not taking $100 bills. Sorry for the misunderstanding!!!

U can buy a pen that will tell u if real or not total bull friken shittttt !!! Give your kid his first piggy bank & now it come with a business partner coin star filled a sparkletts bottle full of coin no banks would take it ! Had to be wrapped with name & account on every one ! But if u like coffee & reading books coin star is free with Starbucks or Barnes & noble gift card how about free with gift card to college education . Try & pay a Verizon telephone bill @ store with bill in hand & see what fricken happens ! What's your phone # what's your mothers maiden name what's your pets name WTF!!! I just gave u my bill with amount filled out & cash $$$ all of a sudden I'm laundering $$ paying my phone bill here's the icing on the cake most Verizon stores charge 3.50 when using cash $$ but no charge or top secret security questions if u like to use your credit card sir WTF!!better get in the cloud with all my credit card info cuz we don't take cash anymore cuz its dangerous & time consuming for someone to take to the bank! Sorry about rant ! This is a fishing site so moral of all this BS it' all goes away if u go fishing !! If u put those hundred dollar bills on a hook u might catch a mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by Starcraft16.5 View Post
    If u put those hundred dollar bills on a hook u might catch a mermaid
    Or a stripper.

Or "striper" as people like to call 'em.

shoulda asked if she'd accept twenty-four $3 bills