Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: San Antonio 11-15-14

Default San Antonio 11-15-14

Want to start off this report by saying thank you to FNN member Tonysgonefishin for all the definstley helped make this trip the best I ever had their.[/INDENT]

So here it goes, called my cousin Jam Wednesdy night asked him if he wanted to hit San Antonio Saturday. Ive bin telling him for about 2yrs now about that lake and how big the Striper are their.Sent him a few pics of Tonys trip the previous week needles to say Jam calls me back in about 30 min and say's he's in! Spend thursday getting my gear together and pick up a few recomended lures as specified by Tony.
    Pick Jam up Friday afternoon about 6pm and were off to the lake. Arrived at the lake around 11:30 setup camp and change the trailer tire that was blowing out going up interlake RD. Thank God it held enough air to get us their, so we didnt have to change the tire on the side of the road.
    [/URL]
    Get out on the water about 7am, super foggy and couldnt see CRAP! Txt Tony he said they were by the Dam 2 fish in the boat and missed 4. Tell Jam what was going down and were pumped. I havent bin on that lake for about 3yrs so took a guess and headed to where i thought the Dam was, with visibilityat only about 15ft we were going slow. Low and behold after driving for about 10 minutes we noticed we were back at the launch ramp . Went in a big *** circle after laughing that one off for a few minutes, we tried again and made it to the Dam this time set the troll lines out and in about 10 minutes BAM!!! hookup drag peela! I land a solid 8lbr
    [/URL]
    you could see how foggy it was out there. Continued towards the Dam stopped the boat to double back, and as we were reeling in Jam gets slammed bring it in another fatty!
    [/URL]
    After those 2 fish the bite slowed way down for us but we were both happy trolling the rest of the lake
    [/URL]
    At around 3:30 things damn near went wide open I hooked up with 5 fish and farmed 4 out of 5 but I guess thats fishing Jam landed another 2 one being his first DD 10lb 2oz
    [/URL]
    heade back to the launch ramp about 5:30 met Tony and his two guests at the dock dk4885 and Nick all 3 of them super nice guys it was a pleasure sharing the lake with you guys. After taking a few few pics we loaded up and headed home [/URL]

Haha, the fog was pea soup. gps is your friend on a day like that. Glad you guys got in to them good!

Quote Originally Posted by Tonysgonefishin View Post
    Haha, the fog was pea soup. gps is your friend on a day like that. Glad you guys got in to them good!
    Yea we ended up using his Iphone to navigate lol.

Should of just yelled! Lake so small now I bet he would have heard you! lol...

Good trip guys. Smiles tell the story

Love those s,tone slays!

great job out there,

TRAIL BLAZER

What bait did u use it?

great report and pictures. those are some nice looking stripers.
    looks like you'll be eating good for a while.

thanks for sharing!

Caught all of them trolling stick baits.

That would have bin hilarious.@ Cutbait
    Thanks trail blazer,madbass and thank you Tony once again.
    Last edited by LEE BOY3; 11-19-2014 at 03:24 PM.

S'tone... That's a good day you guys had. Like someone else already said, you can tell by the smiles. WTG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast