Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: rush creek oct 29th thru nov 2 (late report)

I also understand that I would have people not agree with this. Its fine I saw the fish swim off. Maybe there will be a fish or 2 that dont make it but they could have fooled me. And not sure how many people have tried to catch a fish thats about to spawn but they dont want anything but a piece of tail at the time. the only way to catch one before it spawns is to snag it. which i already stated did not happen in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbob View Post
    Awesome trip and photos!

I think the trick with photobucket is to use the link called "IMG". You should see that on the right-hand side, bottom option:

Paste that directly into your post, and the pictures should show up as an in-line image. Here's an example, of one of your really great pictures:

thanks for the info

I'm guilty in posting one of these threads a few years back for rush. I was already hit by the brown bug and I happened to be up the last week of the season. I know now that I'll never go back and fish that creek for the spawn. Doing so was wrong,I didn't know much about brown trout at the time. I have since done my homework and I chase these fish non stop. East side, west side, oregon!! I'm addicted. I agree the regs need to be changed, even more now with california doing away with the browns. Get them in the lakes and let them spawn when the time comes. It's a hell of alot more rewarding. And that so called 21.6 out of rush is a complete joke fish might have been 11 pounds tops...

Been fishing there for over 50 years. It's still about the same as it was then. Probably better the past 2-3 years than it ever was.
    -J

Flaming fellow fisher folks on a fish reporting website when he is fishing legally is weak! Try a PM with some help full hints. Thanks for the report and pics. Showed my Pops this, he has been fishing their since the 60's and he said "use to be we were all on the same team".

This thread should be titled "the improper way of handling a trout". Sorry Simijab, I only know what you show, and the fishing handling skills you and your girl are demonstrating is a bit concerning. I have always respected your fishing talents and advice, however, dirty fish that obviously fell on the ground and pictures with fingers in the gills is an obvious no no...my rule of thumb, if you drop the fish, you lost your photo op and its time to go back in the water...especially during a critical time of the year like it is. Another thing you may want to consider is switching to a single barbless on the lures for a much easier and less stressful release. Plus it levels out the playing field when shooting these ducks. I'm not asking or demanding you stop fishing there, just to have more consideration for the beautiful species that most stay up at night dreaming to catch. Remember this is Ma Natures playground and we must always respect the resource!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Piss on Myspace View Post
    This thread should be titled "the improper way of handling a trout". Sorry Simijab, I only know what you show, and the fishing handling skills you and your girl are demonstrating is a bit concerning. I have always respected your fishing talents and advice, however, dirty fish that obviously fell on the ground and pictures with fingers in the gills is an obvious no no...my rule of thumb, if you drop the fish, you lost your photo op and its time to go back in the water...especially during a critical time of the year like it is. Another thing you may want to consider is switching to a single barbless on the lures for a much easier and less stressful release. Plus it levels out the playing field when shooting these ducks. I'm not asking or demanding you stop fishing there, just to have more consideration for the beautiful species that most stay up at night dreaming to catch. Remember this is Ma Natures playground and we must always respect the resource!!!
    I do understand your concern. Out of the 20 or so fish we caught through out the week that we were there we kept 3 fish. I only got pictures of fish I didnt release directly from the lure without touching them at all. Actually the 2 pics where they are in shallow water I didnt touch them either. Also the one that was dirty I did drop. I didnt want to keep her and tried to release her but she was too tired and just kept floating. that pic was taken after all that happened. I do want you to understand these pictures were taken over five days of fishing and there were many more fish that live to fight another day

Quote Originally Posted by simijab View Post
    I do understand your concern. Out of the 20 or so fish we caught through out the week that we were there we kept 3 fish. I only got pictures of fish I didnt release directly from the lure without touching them at all. Actually the 2 pics where they are in shallow water I didnt touch them either. Also the one that was dirty I did drop. I didnt want to keep her and tried to release her but she was too tired and just kept floating. that pic was taken after all that happened. I do want you to understand these pictures were taken over five days of fishing and there were many more fish that live to fight another day
    Simijab, you had a hell of a trip, one you can remember for a long time to come. Congrats, and don't let the fish huggers get you down.

I'm as hardcore C&R as anyone else, the only FW fish I ever keep are Stripers, Crappie/Perch, and the occasional stocked trout, but I do recognize that the very act of putting a hook in a fish's mouth, playing them until they run out of energy, then yanking them out of the water where they can't breathe is going to inevitably do some harm to the fish. It's just a part of the sport that we all have to accept. Sure, there are some steps we can take to reduce mortality, and I'm all for them, but if we absolutely don't want to harm them in any way, we really shouldn't be fishing for them at all.
    Last edited by shinbob; 11-24-2014 at 10:32 AM.

9. Default

nice Fish ove the sierras

don't let these guys bust your bubble !

Quit killing those browns! If you need meat, eat the stocker rainbows.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast