Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: rush creek oct 29th thru nov 2 (late report)

Quote Originally Posted by exfactor View Post
    FYI, DFG plants their hatchery fish up there at the end of the season. You guys flaming him is wrong, he is allowed to enjoy the fishing within his limits, and share his reports as he see's fit. I had a trip up there where my buddy and i caught about 75 browns for the 3 days we fished. Glad you got to spend some time on the creek, thats a really fun place to fish!
    Ok if he caught them and kept his limit he was within his rights, agreed. But I think this fishery should have a regulation change. These threads are causing an influx during this period of the year and it should be shut down. I think most that have fished this region for many years would agree. Many that fish this area during the spawn snag their fish, no I'm not saying he did.
    Last edited by seal; 11-17-2014 at 03:13 PM.

lol I only kept the 2 that im holding up. they were both spawned out already. The male I kept first and the female I tried to release but she didnt have the energy left. But I assure you they had already did their thing. All other fish were released

also none of these fish were snagged. If they didnt want my lures I let them be

these are also the only fish i got pictures of. there were others caught but most of them pop off soon as i give them slack line because all of my lures are barbless

I think you just did yourself more harm than good in admitting what you did but no more from me other than keeping a spawning or spawned out female is just a waste. Meat will be minimal and not of good quality.

Guess you should jump on the lmb folks who fish the beds too right? It's fishing it's a sport that's been around for a long time and will continue to be reguardless if a spawned out fish is taken they have and will survive.

Awesome, WTG and pics are awesome, i only wish i could fish that, good job!

I have fished the area for over 50 years and I like my method best.... I don't take the fish out of the water and I have never ever taken a photo of a fish I caught... I know what a fish looks like so I don't need a picture.. Besides I don't own a digital camera and have no idea how to post photos even if I owned one..

Quote Originally Posted by dbfishing View Post
    Guess you should jump on the lmb folks who fish the beds too right? It's fishing it's a sport that's been around for a long time and will continue to be reguardless if a spawned out fish is taken they have and will survive.
    I can't resist! Do you really think that you can handle a spawning trout the same as an lmb and they will have the same survival rate? You are confusing 2 subjects. The take of fish legally, which he did according to him which I believe is fine and the handling of caught and released trout which if I read his story correctly he handled at least a couple pretty bad according to the pictures I saw, not only 2 fish were handled. This is not a finite resource in any way shape or form. Largemouth bass live in every pond it seems and are pretty damn hardy fish whereas brown trout and rainbow trout are not.

My comment re: spawning females not being good to eat is just an FYI. Yup I've kept a couple in many years gone by and just like a spawned out lmb they are soft with very little meat.

I don't think he should be flamed and I feel a little guilty but will not hold back on my opinions regarding the handling of caught fish, especially trout.

at least 70 percent of the fish I caught that weekend never came out of the water. the female was going to die no if ands or buts so I kept her. she felt like a deflated balloon. Everyone has there own opinion thats fine. I was there and nobody on here was there with me. Im glad I fished most of that river before friday came around when these guys showed up and started use salmon roe sacks to catch them. luckly they only got a couple out of the hole I caught fish in the day before. fishing with bait theyve got no chance. You could tell these guys were locals to which you wouldnt think locals would be fishing like that. Anyways Im not worried about the fish I released. Ive been fishing the Sierras for 30 plus years Im not just some guy going up there to fill his freezer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast