Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Striper Junkie goes West Again.

Default Striper Junkie goes West Again.

Had the opportunity to fish with Tonygonefishin and Nick yesterday.

We met up at Tonys house at 5am off to the lake we go. On the water by 6:10am and was not long b4 it was hook up for all of us.

We worked hard for them today. These fish only wanted th small lures today.

It was about 1 fish every 30 min intell sun went down behind the mountains then it went wide open. Landed 13. Lost another 15 or so had many more short strikes. Small lure and small hooks means you loose big fish. But that's all they wanted. We threw everything at them today but only keyed in on one size.

This was our first double hook up.

I needed a bigger ice chest.

Last edited by dk4885; 11-16-2014 at 09:32 AM.

Absolutely sick!!! Way to stick them pigs!!

Major props to Tony!!!

Who needs tuna fishing. lol

Tony is head duck on the San Antonio pond.... way to go

Dayum... Carnage
    Am I surprised? Nope!!!

WoW!

There is a new sheriff in town for sure!

WTG guys a KILLIN crew!

TRAIL BLAZER

It was a great trip with great guys! I'm personally responsible for more than half the lost fish, closer to 3/4.

It always amazes me how the bite can turn on and off and change times. I did a recon trip Friday morning to make sure the storm front hadn't turned them off and got into the same school we fished yesterday evening, but at 10 in the morning. Caught 6 then and donated 1 to friends that were having a little more trouble finding the bite. Fish from Friday ...

Tony. I don't know your level of striper skills so forgive me if this is insulting, not meant to be..

Those stripers will rip 10 sets of trebles out of their face on a run. We have never seen a set of hooks handle a good striper bite. The key is to play the fish out with semi loose drag. Let the fish run. TB straightened me out on this long ago. I used to apply way too much pressure

I've seen way too many people lose fish because they are used to wet paper bag largemouth and try to lay the wood to them and rip the hooks out. They just don't give the striper enough respect

Striper rarely have the lure inside their mouth. They attack the belly from underneath.

Again, not trying to imply your skills, but maybe a thought?
    Last edited by cutbait; 11-16-2014 at 11:16 AM.

Not insulting at all, and I always appreciate others insights.

My hookup to landing percentage is usually much better, it just wasn't my day yesterday. We were on a strange bite all day before it opened up in the evening.

There is no wood laying with the setup I troll with :). 10lb line and a 6-20 big water light action downrigger rod. Makes for a fun fight!

I'm dyin' to know how many y'all got on the "Frog".................lol

No frog fish, but I appreciate your enthusiasm for new methods!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast