Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Veteran's Day" S.W.A.T Style By The Ol' Veteran Guy

Default "Veteran's Day" S.W.A.T Style By The Ol' Veteran Guy

"Happy Veteran's Day" to all .... and may God protect all those who have served .... and all those who are presently serving and protecting us from harm! "God Bless America!"

Tuesday Session with (2) two AO's, November 11, 2014, My Session #65 for the 2014 Season,

Sun Rise: 0622 hrs, Sun Set: 1652 hrs
    Air: 57 - 65 deg, Water Temp: 67 deg, Sky: AM cloudy then cleared up a bit, Wind: 4 - 5 MPH slight on shore
    Predicted Surf: 1 - 2 ft , Swell: 0.9 ft , Sec Intervals: 15
    Moon Phase: Waning Gibbous.
    Conditions: Early morning slight on shore breeze with an incoming tide, the water was mostly clean and clear with no salad or grass, 98% clean
    retrievals ... Thank you Poseidon!
    The beach was flooded with a 2.8-ft incoming tide at 0600 hrs and the breakers were breaking outside and the surf break ended up being 1 - 2 ft to FLAT later in the morning towards the high tide.
    Tides: 0600 hrs ICT 2.8 ft, 0700 hrs 3.2 ft, 0800 hrs 3.7 ft, 0900 hrs 4.3 ft, 1000 hrs 4.8 ft, 1107 hrs HT 5.0 ft.
    Isolunar Forecast: Minor Period: 0946 hrs till 1116 hrs.
    Bait Presence: None. Bird Presence: Very minimal. Water Dogs: None
    Session Duration: AO #1 0600 hrs to 0830 hrs. AO #2 1000 hrs to 1130 hrs.
    Assault Tactic: LC 110 Laser Ghost Sardine w/ red painted gill plates, 2X #6 throat and belly treble hooks and a red #5 treble stinger hook.
    AO: Classified .... South Bay area.

1st AO: 0600 hrs to 0830 hrs
    Total Fish Count:

(3) small BSP (not all photographed) all released

(1) short 18" Halibut released

(1) short short Halibut released

(1) LEGAL 22" plus Halibut (#17) released

2nd AO: 1000 hrs to 1130 hrs
    Total Fish Count:

(1) small BSP (released and not photographed)

(1) short 14" Halibut (released and not photographed)

(1) LEGAL 23.5" Halibut (#18) "Causality of war". Completely throat swallowed the LC and ripped it's own gills and bleed.
    It spit out this bait once I beached it.

If you are enjoying your freedom .... "Thank A Vet"!

Thank you for taking the time to check out my fish report!

SP Dan <"))><
    Last edited by SP Dan; 11-11-2014 at 06:31 PM. Reason: SP

Hi Dan:

Thank you for your service to this great country and for the freedom that you put your life on the line for - for all of us!

What a super outing you had today. Nice work on the perch (and the hallybutts two)
    We haven't seen one of your reports in a little while and I sure like em' when you put one up like this one

Hope to see more soon.

take care,

Nick
    Last edited by anchor3n1; 11-11-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Happy Vets Day Dan, Thanks for your service.
    Great pics. DR

Dan, first off thank you for your service!
    Always good to see an all smiles report from you sir!
    Congrats on the multi-legal session and I hope you and Rhonda enjoy the flattie filets.

Glad to see you have'n a good Vets Day! Thank you for your service. Good to see a report from you.

Awesome job out there Danimal! I know it's been tough for you to get out lately, but man did you take advantage of it when you got that window of opportunity! What a fantastic day. I couldn't be happier for you. Thank you for your past service big guy...this outing was well deserved.

Don

I just knew that the text you sent me would contain a successful report & it most certainly did! Great job Dan and thank you again for your service and to land (2) legals on Veteran's Day is the best part of it all.

Kelly

The Danimal strikes again!
    Good job getting out on the sand to take in some surf therapy. God knows you have been doing overtime in the humanitarian aspect of your life and you really needed to get your mind off of life's struggle and take a small break. I'm glad you found your intended target. As far as the collateral damage.....it happens even to the best and most dedicated catch and release fisherman. Two fatalities in four years is a wonderful record my friend.
    I'm sure the halibut dinner was delicious and just look at it this way.....it was Poseidon and Karma working together to provide you with a bonus.
    Take care brotha and before I forget...
    Thank you so much for all of the sacrifices you made to keep our country a better place to live.
    HAPPY VETERANS DAY DAN!

P.S.

You are tied for the lead on the SWAT leaderboard with 18 legal flatties.....I'm very proud of your accomplishment sir!

WOW !!! A Legal !!! Congrats. Will you stop showing off that Van Stall

Awesome report!

Thanks for the veterans shout out.

Welcome Home!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast