Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Sat at silverwood

Default Sat at silverwood

Went with my father to do a little shore fishing on Sat. the 8th and had some success. Although not wide open, I caught one nice catfish and two schoolie sized stripers on anchovies. Got a few other bites on the anchovies, and one on nightcrawler. My dad caught a trout on yellow powerbait. The weather was nice and was a good outing.

Congrats on the wood skunk busters for u and pops. Thanks for sharing.

I was there chuckin swimbaits on Friday. No luck on the Swimbaits. There was some guys that caught some nice trout but I enjoy catching the fish that eat the trout a little better lol

No largemouths biting now?

Quote Originally Posted by castle View Post
    I haven't seen anyone fishing for them in the past few weeks. But I'm sure guys are fishing for them.I did have one checking out my dead twitch near the marina

The largemouth are hitting swimbaits, triple trout as usual for some reason. Now if I can only figure out how to get a decent striper to hit one.

Stripers were hitting pencil poppers last night but only schoolie size.

Quote Originally Posted by castle View Post
    A friend of mine has been catching stripers and LMB from the points on shad LCs.

Went there today, just one small striper. Was crowded from shore today and the wind was
    blowing like crazy. Did see one guy with a 10lb catfish from the dock.

I tried fishing friday night under the moonlight but the water never calmed down at the dam enough for topwater and the fish never showed up. I'm pretty sure I felt my swimbait hit a fish and scare it away. No bites in 3-4 hours of fishing. turned the heater on in my truck and went home regretting wasting my one day to fish last weekend on a blown out night.

I'll probably not do anymore night fishing until next summer, i'll have to find some fish biting with the sun out...

Hiked out looking for bass on Sunday. Got there around 2pm. Weather was great. Water seemed cold. Threw plastics. Got one striper in the dark. Seems like it was all about the trout that day. Shoulda brought some powerbait.