Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: No trout this season

If you like your Doctor you can keep your Doctor. SSDD some things never seem to change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DFG has been to lake Perris every week testing the water for temp and quality.
    The water is too warm in most riverside area lakes as yet is what the DFG person told me tuesday
    maybe 2 more weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    DFG has been to lake Perris every week testing the water for temp and quality.
    The water is too warm in most riverside area lakes as yet is what the DFG person told me tuesday
    maybe 2 more weeks
    Tom Skinner is still on the do not stock list, this has nothing to do with water temperature.

Quote Originally Posted by inthroughtheocean View Post
    Skinner hasn't been stocked with trout for a while sooo.........
    Last year was the first year they didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    If you like your Doctor you can keep your Doctor. SSDD some things never seem to change!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yup, but Cali voters just can't seem to figure that out...

Skinner's lack of Trout stocking is not the product of budget constraints or water levels or temperature .
    The reason for last years halt of ALL Trout plants and presumably this years stocking as well is that Biologist have made another one of there wacky decisions. Because they feel another species or in this case sub-species maybe, could be threatened or "endangered' . The learned Biologist have concluded should we get inundated with torrential rain rainbow trout will spill over the dam or make their way by other means into the series of on again off again blue line creeks and ditches that lead eventually into Santa Margarita River/ watershed .
    Once in the Santa Margarita the Rainbows are presumed they will seek out the five or six Steel head Trout that were seen counted or imagined God knows when and then dilute the genetic diversity between the two species. The evil Rainbows could also overwhelm the fabled Steel Head and then over compete them into nonexistence. I guess the numerous Bass in the Santa Margarita are a non-issue since the same Biologist brokered a peace treaty and all Bass have promised not to eat Steelies or their eggs and fry.

Ok, I might of taken a 'lil artistic license here and got a little silly on ya-all but in the scheme of things tell me is it any more
    silly than the Skinner Reservoir spillover scenario considering it was conceived and enacted during the driest couple of years since climatic records have been kept??? This is effin ludicrous !
    Last edited by Stalker Of Fish; 11-08-2014 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Tom Skinner is still on the do not stock list, this has nothing to do with water temperature.
    Sorry my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Stalker Of Fish View Post
    Skinner's lack of Trout stocking is not the product of budget constraints or water levels or temperature .
    The reason for last years halt of ALL Trout plants and presumably this years stocking as well is that Biologist have made another one of there wacky decisions. Because they feel another species or in this case sub-species maybe, could be threatened or "endangered' . The learned Biologist have concluded should we get inundated with torrential rain rainbow trout will spill over the dam or make their way by other means into the series of on again off again blue line creeks and ditches that lead eventually into Santa Margarita River/ watershed .
    Once in the Santa Margarita the Rainbows are presumed they will seek out the five or six Steel head Trout that were seen counted or imagined God knows when and then dilute the genetic diversity between the two species. The evil Rainbows could also overwhelm the fabled Steel Head and then over compete them into nonexistence. I guess the numerous Bass in the Santa Margarita are a non-issue since the same Biologist brokered a peace treaty and all Bass have promised not to eat Steelies or their eggs and fry.

Ok, I might of taken a 'lil artistic license here and got a little silly on ya-all but in the scheme of things tell me is it any more
    silly than the Skinner Reservoir spillover scenario considering it was conceived and enacted during the driest couple of years since climatic records have been kept??? This is effin ludicrous !
    Your not being sarcastic just truthful..and they are only stocking Triploids now that cannot reproduce. Wonder how stocking these can affect the steelhead ?
    What a Freaking Joke

anyone want to trade a trout swimbait for a BBZ-shad? lol JK but I did just get into the swimbait thing last year and am very upset that all my trout pattern stuff will be less effective at my favorite lake. on the bright side no trout might mean the winter crowds will be thinner. who makes a good LMB looking swimbait?

Update, dfw to resume stocking of trout this coming January. I dont know all the specs, if anyone knows more please add.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast