Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Perris 11/6/14 LMB Report

Default Perris 11/6/14 LMB Report

Rented today. Water is about 4-6 visibility. Fishing bass I caught two frying pan size gills on the medium diving CB at the road bed over by Bernasaconi. One 1.5 LMB at the west side of island on another crank. One 2+ deep on the DS by the dam. They were not licking at the trench. Park divers were out checking out the grate or the pipe/trench. Nice healthy coon tail growing subsurface everywhere. If you could find a nice bank of the stuff, the reaction bite would be on.

Now for the real info. Had no electric so I could not fish the tires effectively. I would just drift through and F it up for everyone. First row is out of the water and the second row is just barely submerged. The fish were wolf packing in the area pretty aggressively. Brent Ehrler was out banging the second row of tires with shallow CBs and put several in the boat. Fun to watch a pro fish. He hadn't been to the lake in years. All the stuff on TV about the elite guys fishing fast to put the first one in the boat to figure it out quickly is true. 10 casts topwater, same with a square bill, repeat. Troller on constant hauling a__. No bites, take a 50 yard loop in the area to view the meter. Move on. I need a $80k boat NOW!

On a side note the next two Major League Fishing series are done. He is a good dude.
    Last edited by Stinkbait; 11-06-2014 at 11:27 PM.

Lol, he put on a clinic out there eh? Wonder how he'd do out at DVL? I'd like to see how quick he could figure it out and bag a limit there. Those Elite guys are freaking good...

I'd think he would do ok. He is from Redlands. His finesse west coast style fishing got him where he is.

Sounds like a sweat little green carp trip!

Will I like Ehler, Bret Hite is my favorite. I wish those two fish BASS the past decade. Maybe VD wouldn't had the success. But I like VD too

He has fished DVL a lot I saw a video of him there catching fish at the attuenator with a senko.

Yep, I saw him filming. Then I drifted over all his fish ;)
    At about 5:50 to 7:00, that is me in the background at the no wake buoy line.
    I watched him try and do that double rod hookup thing.
    Last edited by Stinkbait; 11-12-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stinkbait View Post
    Yep, I saw him filming. Then I drifted over all his fish ;)
    At about 5:50 to 7:00, that is me in the background at the no wake buoy line.
    I watched him try and do that double rod hookup thing.
    Always seem to see him in the fall at Perris and its always making a video with lucky craft . what lucky dude to be able to have all those baits before a a lot hit the market

That was a very cool video!!

I made the mistake of buying three of the 1.5 Spins and one had the spinner fall off almost immediately.
    I would not waste the money. Couldn't get a fish on them, but as soon as I picked up the drop shot and hit the exact same spot is was on!