Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Howdy FNN folks!!!

Default Howdy FNN folks!!!

Hello Everyone:

For a long time now my Dad has posted fishing stories with me and my sister on this site (FNN). So, it’s about time I introduced myself and make my own post. My name is Noelle. I’m 14.

I have been interested in fishing since my Dad took me trout fishing up in Santa Barbara County (Paradise road) when I was maybe 7. Over the years we have done more fishing here and there. But ever since he started to surf fish I love to go whenever I have the chance (I have lots of school work of course and a whole lot of ballet classes each week). It’s great family time for us and we like to share our passion with others too.

Last spring Arthur (Wingnut) told my dad about an annual trout derby for underprivileged kids held by LARRC. So my dad and I went to be part of it. We got there early, got t-shirts and helped set up the event. Soon the children began showing up and my dad and I (plus all the other helpers there) hooked trout and then gave the rod to a child. The child then reeled in the trout and we cheered them on big time and made a huge deal out of them landing a trout. You should have seen those kid’s smiles. It was amazing. Then we helped break down and left. It gave me a good feeling to be able to do something I enjoy and use it to touch another’s life. I can't wait to do more events like this.

So far I have only caught barred surf perch (my biggest so far was a piggy 15”er) and leopard shark. However I want to try for some other species next like bass or halibuts.

In the last year or so we have got to know a lot of great people through this site and fishing on the beach. It makes life so much richer.
    Well I hope to meet you someday out there with my dad (anchor3n1) and lil’ sister (Haleebit)

Blessings,

Noelle
    Last edited by C-life; 11-06-2014 at 01:26 PM.

Welcome to the new division of Jr. SWAT Noelle!
    You have proven you are worthy in a multitude of ways. You are kind, selfless, giving and one heck of a fishergal for sure. The way you won the Jr division of HGV proved that for sure. In speaking to Arthur we have both agreed that you and your family have that extra something special that we admire. Your introduction and the way you worded how you felt about being involved in the LARRC event for special needs children pretty much sums it up.

God Bless and we are all looking forward to that first post with a big ol halibut.

See ya soon,

Mike

-------<><
    Last edited by bones; 11-06-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Welcome to the family Noelle! You and you're family are really great examples of what S.W.A.T. is all about and look forward to fishing with you again...real soon! Hopefully that bass and/or halibut will be in a report of yours in the near future.

Don

Red face

Hi Noelle, your family and the City Dad's clan are the first to be inducted into S.W.A.T. collectively as a group...
    You, your sister and the City Dad Girls are the first Junior S.W.A.T. members.
    It was an easy choice to make to include the two families. Each one of you... "Gets It."

Looking forward to spending time with all you on the sand and welcome to the Team.

Hi Mr. Arthur, Mr. Mike and Mr. Don:

I am so honored that you invited my Dad, my little sister, and me to be part of the SWAT family.

God bless you all,

Noelle
    Last edited by C-life; 11-11-2014 at 07:12 AM.

6. Default

your dad must be proud of you both. if you are writing your message and reports you are very intelligent for you age. gj! and go get those fish!

Very nice,Welcome,the family that fishes together stays together,really cool!��

Cya Tuna Vic