Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pissed Off Fisherman

Default Pissed Off Fisherman

Yes you read it right I am a "Pissed Off Fisherman". Why you ask? Well many that fish are either stupid, ignorant or just plain law breakers.

Hardly a fishing trip goes by that we don't see someone breaking the law (over limit, undersized fish, illegal method of take and the list goes on and on).

We see posts for information on this web site that the answer is in the Fishing Regulations Handbook. Geeze maybe you should get a copy and read it. https://www.wildlife.ca.gov/Regulations

I am almost to the point that perhaps a test should be given to get a Fishing or Hunting license, not unlike the test you have to take to get a drivers license.

So the question begs is it stupidity, ignorance or just purposeful law breaking.

Rant over.
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 11-06-2014 at 07:44 AM.

Devore, don't hold back your feelings.

Tell us how you really feel! Lol.

Monkey see Monkey do!

But I hear ya about the anger.

Unfortunately we can only educate the ignorant people.

Well....stupidity you can't do anything about.

And law breakers will always be law breakers.

But keep this going! I really want to hear how angry you are Dev!! Haha

I keep CAL-TIP on speed dial on my cell phone, but unless it is a serious infraction ie. gross over-limit of undersized lobster, or killing and keeping a black sea bass, they never show.
    We have all considered going all Vigilante and stealing there illegal catch and releasing all the poor fish for the none poachers to catch but our respect for the law and due process gets the better of us and we just shake our heads and continue our day too pissed off to concentrate on our own fishing.

PS. I have never seen a Game warden at a city park lake, and rarely see them anywhere. I assume because of budget cuts there just aren't many of them out there.

Quote Originally Posted by twin22s View Post
    I keep CAL-TIP on speed dial on my cell phone, but unless it is a serious infraction ie. gross over-limit of undersized lobster, or killing and keeping a black sea bass, they never show.
    We have all considered going all Vigilante and stealing there illegal catch and releasing all the poor fish for the none poachers to catch but our respect for the law and due process gets the better of us and we just shake our heads and continue our day too pissed off to concentrate on our own fishing.

PS. I have never seen a Game warden at a city park lake, and rarely see them anywhere. I assume because of budget cuts there just aren't many of them out there.
    They are around, they just choose where they want to be. I have my favorite story of where Game Wardens are in the summer time. They could be busting Catfish Poachers in the city park lakes, BUT NO!!!!! their all at the beach checking private boat's for short and cleaned Halibut and Calico Bass.

Rugdoc hates me

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    So the question begs is it stupidity, ignorance or just purposeful law breaking.
    All of the above!

Lot's of wannabe internet stars will do anything to catch that big striper or trout (they think they're going to be professionals, prostaff members). One of the reasons snagging is so rampant for trout, snag a big fish or 2 and your a prostaff member! Then there are others that fall into that "monkey see monkey do" attitude that was already mentioned.

It doesn't really matter that when we correct somebody's illegal fishing methods on this site, many will still do it cause well everybody else is what the hell why not!? It's so easy to get away with too because of the lack of resources, to many I guess it's like a traffic ticket, no big deal.

I was taught as I'm sure you were Devo that you read the regs. because there are a lot of them. Some will argue the regs. are stupid at times and things like chumming, shad netting with cast nets, live bait use etc.. are allowed in other states, yet they don't understand that every states circumstances are different.

It's giving fishermen a bad name at some lakes. I know at Silverwood the way it's managed has completely changed in the last 3 years, there is a new superintendent but the problems really started with a wave of fishermen that started coming to the lake from other lakes where those activities were prevalent.

You're singing my song!
    Last edited by seal; 11-06-2014 at 09:35 AM.

Seal I hear ya. Over 20 years ago a buddy and I were Pheasant hunting near Blythe and came across two other hunters. We asked them how they were doing and they said they only shot two but they could not get them to fly and shot them on the ground. We thought what a bunch of dicks, then they proudly showed us the birds. They had shot two Roadrunners, WTF you can't tell the difference between a Pheasant and a Roadrunner. Yip we were right "DICKS"............

People that hunt or fish and can't identify the specie's or the rules have no business participating in the sport.

Seal I hear ya. Over 20 years ago a buddy and I were Pheasant hunting near Blythe and came across two other hunters. We asked them how they were doing and they said they only shot two but they could not get them to fly and shot them on the ground. We thought what a bunch of dicks, then they proudly showed us the birds. They had shot two Roadrunners, WTF you can't tell the difference between a Pheasant and a Roadrunner. Yip we were right "DICKS"............

People that hunt or fish and can't identify the specie's or the rules have no business participating in the sport.
    Now that's funny.... I don't care who you are

What are the chances those two "hunters" didn't have a hunting license?

Man didn't they ever see the cartoon? Beep beep!

I wonder if they ate them...and if they were any good?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast