Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Prado Lake 11-2-14

Default Prado Lake 11-2-14

Hello. This is my first thread so bare with me. They stocked the lake with trout a day or two before, worst idea ever. The earliest trout stocking I've seen in 8+ years and there was dead trout everywhere ranging from 1-10lbs. Also saw a couple dead bass and bluegill. Anyways, I caught 3 bass, about 1lb each, on a red eye shad sexy shad colored rattle trap within 4 hours. Fishing was slow for everyone else hoping for a trout. Biggest surprise was catching my first crappie on that same rattle trap. I honestly did not even know they were in the lake and I've been fishing there for 15 years. Productive day overall.

Quote Originally Posted by zerolynx21 View Post
    Hello. This is my first thread so bare with me. They stocked the lake with trout a day or two before, worst idea ever. The earliest trout stocking I've seen in 8+ years and there was dead trout everywhere ranging from 1-10lbs. Also saw a couple dead bass and bluegill. Anyways, I caught 3 bass, about 1lb each, on a red eye shad sexy shad colored rattle trap within 4 hours. Fishing was slow for everyone else hoping for a trout. Biggest surprise was catching my first crappie on that same rattle trap. I honestly did not even know they were in the lake and I've been fishing there for 15 years. Productive day overall.
    Nice report!!!! That's the problem with these lake managers, they have an arbitrary date set in their mind when they want trout season to begin. Come heck or high water their going to stock trout on that date. They don't even bother to consider how is the lake doing in the way of water temperature or oxygen levels. The biggest disaster of all time still goes to SARL with their CRAVE promotion. (Crave was imitation power bait) SARL had their opening day for trout with water temperatures at 68 degrees. They also had this gimmick promotion, they wouldn't take cash to get in the lake. You had to buy or show them so many bottles of Crave. Unbeknownst to every one else, they stocked 600 trophy trout in the lake before the opener. Can you guess what happened to all those trophy trout????? Yep, every last one of them went BELLY UP before the lake even opened. To show you how much of a disaster that really was, they were averaging only a 1000 trophy trout caught ALL SEASON!!!! So when 600 of them die before the season starts, well you get the idea!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-06-2014 at 07:22 AM.