Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GoPro Hero 3 + Silver

Default GoPro Hero 3 + Silver

anyone familiar with the GoPro Hero 3 + Silver?

If so, what say you?

Always buy the best. That would be the Hero 3+ Black. But why buy the 3+ now that the Hero 4 is out. Go with the latest and greatest otherwise you might be disappointed. If price is an issue the Hero 3+ black is great! Super clear footage.

Hey there city Dad , never used the silver but currently own the black, I really like the quality on the Black, both video and photo, battery life is horrible , Remote is the worst thing in the package , I sent my original one for replacement, and the new one is still faulty , the charger for the remote is horrible also , gone through 2 already. I would still recommend the silver just because the memories you get out of it is worth every penny. The Hero 4 is just what i wanted , but too late I rushed and got the 3+black coming my way :) .

I too have the Hero 3+ Silver which I got a smoking deal on is why I grabbed it. Camera itself has been great, I'm no video expert and probably don't use it to it's fullest but have managed some fun footage. Have to concur with Edgar, battery life is less then stellar so I would include extra batteries and charger in the funding. The remote is also a must have BUT again agree with Edgar, can be some what problematic, learning how to reconize what it's doing and how to deal with it can get you thru it but continually unrealiable to say the least. I sent my first remote back because of charging issues which they replaced. Once I have it operating it works for as long as the camera battery last. I use the GoPro edit software as well to capture the video and create my videos which for me works really well...... I will wait and see if the 4 has resolved these issues......... all in all the shots it gets is 2nd to none......

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Hey there city Dad , never used the silver but currently own the black, I really like the quality on the Black, both video and photo, battery life is horrible , Remote is the worst thing in the package , I sent my original one for replacement, and the new one is still faulty , the charger for the remote is horrible also , gone through 2 already. I would still recommend the silver just because the memories you get out of it is worth every penny. The Hero 4 is just what i wanted , but too late I rushed and got the 3+black coming my way :) .
    I bought the 1st and 2nd generation GoPros and found the same type of issues.

I was going to wait to see if the new generations fixed these problems, but apparently there are a lot of kinks to work out.

At least the video clarity for the newer generations has gotten better, because the video clarity for the previous versions were not as good as advertised. Plus, the barrel distortion is still something that I hate looking at. At this point, I'm shooting more video with my regular camera than I am with my GoPro.

thanks for the input, fellas. trying to figure out what to do with a Cabelas gift cert of about that amount. mainly, I'd see myself using to take pics of the kids/fish in the surf... which can be done easily enough with a regular iPhone, if one is careful, right?

is there any attribute that makes a GoPro more functional than, say, a waterproof camera for that purpose?

I was thinking of getting a GoPro as well, for the same reason. Not sure which one to get.

Even with a couple "issues" it may have the versatility of the whole package make it worth it, the shots that can be made far out weigh some of it's short comings. One shot I have made is standing in the surf looking back towards shore is just one that would be a nightmare trying to grab with my iPhone.......and with all the available attachments support that even further....... IMHO

Hi Tim:

Just like Edgar and John have implied, the Go Pro IMHO (as opposed to the iPhone) will give you great opportunities to capture cool stuff (hands free,waterproof, wide angle, etc.) even with though the whole package has yet to be perfected (battery life, remote)

I wasn't planning on it, but I can bring mine out tomorrow and we can use it on our outing and you can play with it too if you want.

Nick
    Last edited by anchor3n1; 11-07-2014 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anchor3n1 View Post
    Hi Tim:

Just like Edgar and John have implied, the Go Pro IMHO (as opposed to the iPhone) will give you great opportunities to capture cool stuff (hands free,waterproof, wide angle, etc.) even with though the whole package has yet to be perfected (battery life, remote)

I wasn't planning on it, but I can bring mine out tomorrow and we can use it on our outing and you can play with it too if you want.

Nick
    okay cool!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast