Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trout Stock???

Default Trout Stock???

Anyone know if and when the first trout stock will be at Castaic?

Yes get that trout stocking in Cataic quick! Too many have invaded the Wood, need some stockings to go in at other lakes, thins out the crowd.

DFG website says 11/9.

Just to elaborate on fishinone's response, the 11/9/14 (Sunday) date posted on the DFG website is for the "week of 11/9/14". So, it may be planted with trout any day this week. They will never specify an exact day.

Hope this helps.

Big Al

Incorrect what the website means is that it will be planted the week of the 9th, which is a Sunday. So the plant will be any day from the 10th thru the 14th.

Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Hope this helps!
    All i need to know is when i can throw some PowerBait™ at these things.

So what day did they actually stock? Can't be driving out there for no reason.

The day they stock will be the day DFG truck pulls into the lot, backs up to the lake, and dumps the fish in ;-)

Like others said, it could be any day during that week. I say usually by Thursday they should have planted though =0) that't just a guess

Honestly I have no interest in the trout. I simply want to be there on stocking day to huck out my slide swimmer 250 and mash some big *** stripers.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    All i need to know is when i can throw some PowerBait™ at these things.

So what day did they actually stock? Can't be driving out there for no reason.
    Hey now you may have something there!?!? I'm going to get about 20 jars of PowerBait and mold me a swimbait out of it.

Hell I should be able to get $200 bucks per unit easy on ebay for um.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    Honestly I have no interest in the trout. I simply want to be there on stocking day to huck out my slide swimmer 250 and mash some big *** stripers.
    No way! That's a great idea. I bet you'll be the only one out there doing that.

What's a slide swimmer?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast