Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 20,000 pound's SMDH

thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leejahd View Post
    Went on Friday and caught a few Browns and lost a few. They were in wolf packs close to shore holding n 5-10 feet of water. Just get out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Carson View Post
    The fish were definitely planted, with 500 pounds of it devoted to the Kids Lagoon.
    Its important to note that the fish do not necessarily bite right away after planting, and even though the first truckloads went in Sunday night, water temperature, clarity, and other conditions have much more influence on the bite, which is why trying to time a trip for the day after a stocking is usually no more productive than any other time.
    Interestingly, the hottest trout bite ever at Irvine was a few years ago in July, more than 2 months after the last stocking of the year.
    Big fish take even longer to adapt to a new environment, when the 10-pound plus fish start to go in next month, it can be up to 10 days before they start to show up at the scales.
    It was definitely challenging the first couple of days, although the pattern that emerged around 11 AM Thursday morning, which was tight to the bank on the west shore and Trout Island, with garlic chartreuse PowerBait on a short 2-pound leader held up all weekend.
    Trollers and mini-jiggers generally had a tough time of it, but its pretty certain at some point the fishes' preferences will change radically; its fishing.
    Thanks for the info Steve. I know there are a lot fish in the lake because my fish finder had them metered all over the place, so I know it takes them a while to adapt. The interesting question is, however, how did the lake visibility get so bad? I held my bait 12 inches from the top and couldn't see it. There hasn't been any heavy rain to murk up the water. I have fish the lake for years now and can remember seeing at least 10-15 feet deep. That had to hurt the possibility of catching fish tremendously.

As I was able to get to shore around 630 the water was crystal clear , as the day progressed the water got murky with all the boat traffic.

I guess that is why people have more luck from the shore right now. I was in a boat at the cliff's. It was nasty.

Blue Gill Chaser, Nobody likes a person who gives up lake secrets, which is why your not getting a straight answer from anyone of this site. I'm getting old so I'm giving up the best information you'll ever get. Fish next to me. When ever you hear of a new lake record, a 30lb stringer, a limit in 20 minutes, or a 5lb trout on tuna rod, it was always the guy next to me. A few years back, I took second place in the Masters. At the awards, the winner was the guy next to me.
    Enjoy fishing for what it is, and remember, you'll have your days.

X2 to that∆∆∆∆

I have been to the vine many times...Have limited out in a few hours. I know how to fish for trout. I'm just saying it suck's right now and to wait. But i would like to fish next to you lol
    Quote Originally Posted by bruce watson View Post
    Blue Gill Chaser, Nobody likes a person who gives up lake secrets, which is why your not getting a straight answer from anyone of this site. I'm getting old so I'm giving up the best information you'll ever get. Fish next to me. When ever you hear of a new lake record, a 30lb stringer, a limit in 20 minutes, or a 5lb trout on tuna rod, it was always the guy next to me. A few years back, I took second place in the Masters. At the awards, the winner was the guy next to me.
    Enjoy fishing for what it is, and remember, you'll have your days.
    Last edited by BlueGillChaser; 11-06-2014 at 08:17 AM.

I get exactly what you are saying BlueGillChaser. They should of held on to stocking the fish by a couple of weeks while they pump the water in and then dump the fish. Water temps were in the 70s which is just way to warm. My first time getting skunked in quite some time was that Friday there for the Opener. I will be back soon though!

Fish were stocked they have no control if they are gona bite or not. They made money and are happy, just remember THEY ARE THE LAKE THAT WANTS YOU!! TO CATCH FISH

I have so many comments I want to make but I'm trying to be good, trying real hard!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast