Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 20,000 pound's SMDH

Think your problem is they didn't plant bluegill.

The fish were definitely planted, with 500 pounds of it devoted to the Kids Lagoon.
    Its important to note that the fish do not necessarily bite right away after planting, and even though the first truckloads went in Sunday night, water temperature, clarity, and other conditions have much more influence on the bite, which is why trying to time a trip for the day after a stocking is usually no more productive than any other time.
    Interestingly, the hottest trout bite ever at Irvine was a few years ago in July, more than 2 months after the last stocking of the year.
    Big fish take even longer to adapt to a new environment, when the 10-pound plus fish start to go in next month, it can be up to 10 days before they start to show up at the scales.
    It was definitely challenging the first couple of days, although the pattern that emerged around 11 AM Thursday morning, which was tight to the bank on the west shore and Trout Island, with garlic chartreuse PowerBait on a short 2-pound leader held up all weekend.
    Trollers and mini-jiggers generally had a tough time of it, but its pretty certain at some point the fishes' preferences will change radically; its fishing.

Maybe i should have fish bluegill's some guy caught two huge one's.
    Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Think your problem is they didn't plant bluegill.

Dumb question???? If you're hearing bad reports about the fishing, why go anyway????????

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Dumb question???? If you're hearing bad reports about the fishing, why go anyway????????
    Most intelligent post you've ever made Etucker!

Its a statement.smh
    Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    Most intelligent post you've ever made Etucker!
    Thanks Seal!!!!! If it's costing you guy's real money, which it is!!!!!! WAIT til the water cools down and then plunk your money down, the fish aren't going anywhere. (Remember their in a confined lake) lol But if you guy's just have to have a fishing fix, go somewhere where it's FREE!!!!!!! Just because it's free, doesn't mean it's bad!!!!! My last few days at my FREE Regional park, I've caught 23 Catfish, 1 Bass and a #10 Carp.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 11-03-2014 at 09:54 AM.

Went on Friday and caught a few Browns and lost a few. They were in wolf packs close to shore holding n 5-10 feet of water. Just get out there.

Hit up the Shimano event slated for this month. If you don't catch any fish then maybe you'll win a raffle prize.

I will be there.
    Quote Originally Posted by tailchaser001 View Post
    Hit up the Shimano event slated for this month. If you don't catch any fish then maybe you'll win a raffle prize.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast