Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kirman Lake Cutthroats

Quote Originally Posted by Calicanuck View Post
    Yeah the water was a bit green and I can see how that would reduce fly fishing success. I actually up sized on the spoons using larger than usual for more flash and vibration. Seemed to help. I caught mine on the Thomas cyclone and colorado. My favorite trout spoon is the cyclone. Especially if it is an on and off fishery you need the spin option as sometimes off fish will hit spoons and spinners out of aggressive behavior rather than feeding instinct which can help.
    Sounds like you made the right choice. Kirman has frustrated me on more than one occasion. Good work on the Cutts...

Nicely done sir! I know this might sound weird but is there any chance you could email me the full sized image of what you pulled out of that cutty's stomach? Thanks in advance. reservations@parchersresort.net

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra_Smitty View Post
    Nicely done sir! I know this might sound weird but is there any chance you could email me the full sized image of what you pulled out of that cutty's stomach? Thanks in advance. reservations@parchersresort.net
    what do you think it is? possible jig idea?

Looks like a bunch of the Kirman famous scuds to me...From the looks of it, I can't imagine that guy was hungry. Def. a reaction strike to the spoon as mentioned prior.

Quote Originally Posted by billy b View Post
    what do you think it is? possible jig idea?
    I just wanted to see the color more closely....and yes, for a jig/trout worm color. Also, it looks like there are a bunch of scuds but there are some other critters in there that I wanted a closer look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra_Smitty View Post
    I sent you an email with the pic off my phone. They are damsel fly nymphs they looks just like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	damselfly.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	45315 Click on the picture to make it bigger.

Here is the video link:

Here are the Videos of the big Cutts and the stills from the video.

Last edited by Calicanuck; 11-11-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Is there any area at Kirman where you can fish from shore,,, I think I recall seeing a video some time ago where guys were shore fishing there..

Quote Originally Posted by retired96 View Post
    Is there any area at Kirman where you can fish from shore,,, I think I recall seeing a video some time ago where guys were shore fishing there..
    Possibly for the brook trout. I wouldn't expect to catch a Cutthroat from shore they were way beyond casting distance from shore.

Simply amazing pictures, beauty all around. Thanks your sharing your trip.
    Some folks get SO upset when you mention that lake and talk about the fishing but I never understood exactly why. The hoof required to get there and the talent required once you actually do make it take the vast majority of people out of the equation.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    Simply amazing pictures, beauty all around. Thanks your sharing your trip.
    Some folks get SO upset when you mention that lake and talk about the fishing but I never understood exactly why. The hoof required to get there and the talent required once you actually do make it take the vast majority of people out of the equation.
    So you think its good to have people talkin about it like this?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast