Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: VIP day skunk

Default VIP day skunk

Had a great day fishing with my old man, but no catching. Not sure if the water was too warm or what but very few people even caught 1 fish. Oh well. That's fishing I guess. Next time.....

It could be the water temp! but once again that's my opinion I usually never have luck at trout openings

Wow 150 to get the skunk not good but the weather does seem a little warm. What were u using?

Quote Originally Posted by mshsu View Post
    Had a great day fishing with my old man, but no catching. Not sure if the water was too warm or what but very few people even caught 1 fish. Oh well. That's fishing I guess. Next time.....
    What????????? 20,000 lbs of fish and they weren't biting!!!!! lol

Thank you for the update, sorry to hear about the tough bite. Hopefully those fish get to eating by this weekend after a couple of cooler evenings and some rain!

TD

Tried everything. Trolling, casting lures, jigging, powerworm, powerbait, nightcrawler. I would say that most people skunked without even a bite.

I hope they do start biting until i get there Sunday and pay 25.00 Bucks lol

Sorry but I would never ever in a million years pay $150 to trout fish ( and I love da Vine). That would cover at least 6 skunk trips there. That same money could of got you put on some yellowtail or tuna even. Never understood why enough people do this to even keep this going after so many years and I love to fish. Now its time for me to get serious on the catfish now all you yahoos are trouting.
    tight lines,

those fish are still doped up from the ride here. give them a couple of days

Quote Originally Posted by BentRod View Post
    those fish are still doped up from the ride here. give them a couple of days
    Is there any truth to that old saying, "they dope them up before they stock them"??????? I know for a fact, "catfish will bite right out of the chute of a stocking truck." In fact their starving for a meal, they don't feed them for a few days before their stocked. The logic is that don't want them pooping and peeing all over themselves while their in the stocking truck.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast