Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: twice in my lifetime suicide was the only way out, tonight is the third

Quote Originally Posted by MustHuntAndFish View Post
    Whaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!

Haha! My first time on FNN since I left to Colorado... The night the Giants secured the Dynasty!

Quit crying Dodger fans. Next year they may be better than just regular season beasts and then you can troll the Giant and Angel fans past September. Just say congrats to the Giants and don't bring up dumb ***** like the riots! Every team has idiots in their fan base. Do you not remember LA fans rioting when our Lakers won Championships? It'll happen again here if the Dodgers ever win another one.
    every other city just stole the rioting idea from LA. We're #1, baby!!!

....and don't bring up dumb ***** like the riots! Every team has idiots in their fan base. Do you not remember LA fans rioting when our Lakers won Championships? It'll happen again here if the Dodgers ever win another one.
    I guess you missed the part that the reason we were bringing up the riots, is because 50 years from now, whenever any person is beat outside a baseball stadium (which happens quite often), we'll still be talking about "Brian Stowe, Giants fan, and loving father, and paramedic." Yet, the time the 2014 when Giants fans rioted and two people got shot during said riots will be a forgotten memory.

And I don't think we were really crying, just bringing up that as, you said, every team has idiots in their fan base. It's just sad that nobody seems to talk about those idiots, unless they're wearing an LA hat of course. Those people get labeled "thugs and gangsters" yet other teams' idiot fans get labeled "enthusiastic fanatics that are letting off some steam."

And, you're a Laker fan and a Giants fan?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I guess you missed the part that the reason we were bringing up the riots, is because 50 years from now, whenever any person is beat outside a baseball stadium (which happens quite often), we'll still be talking about "Brian Stowe, Giants fan, and loving father, and paramedic." Yet, the time the 2014 when Giants fans rioted and two people got shot during said riots will be a forgotten memory.

And I don't think we were really crying, just bringing up that as, you said, every team has idiots in their fan base. It's just sad that nobody seems to talk about those idiots, unless they're wearing an LA hat of course. Those people get labeled "thugs and gangsters" yet other teams' idiot fans get labeled "enthusiastic fanatics that are letting off some steam."

And, you're a Laker fan and a Giants fan?
    You brought up Stow after the first riot comment... Which was made to disparage Giant fans. and the Stow incident was an attack on 2 or 3 fans and not part of a riot.

I do agree though, that the stigma from the Stow beating will last a long time. For some reason the media latched on to the Stow story and it is unfair because that kind of stupid **** doesn't just happen in LA. Just as riots after championships don't just happen in SF. But idiots rioting and thugs beating people down are two different things.

Lastly... Yes... Giant and Laker fan. That's what growing up in the Fresno area does to a kid. The first pro games I attended as a Kid were Niners, Giants, and Lakers. Those are my teams.

You brought up Stow after the first riot comment... Which was made to disparage Giant fans. and the Stow incident was an attack on 2 or 3 fans and not part of a riot.

I do agree though, that the stigma from the Stow beating will last a long time. For some reason the media latched on to the Stow story and it is unfair because that kind of stupid **** doesn't just happen in LA. Just as riots after championships don't just happen in SF. But idiots rioting and thugs beating people down are two different things.

Lastly... Yes... Giant and Laker fan. That's what growing up in the Fresno area does to a kid. The first pro games I attended as a Kid were Niners, Giants, and Lakers. Those are my teams.
    You bring up several excellent points, one of which I'd love to get your opinion on.

Do you think 1 or 2 fans beating some opposing fan down (for whatever reason) is more representative of an entire fan base, or is a larger group of people participating in a 'riot' more representative of the fan base.

Now, I do realize that IF the Dodgers ever win a World Series (emphasis on the IF), you'll get morons who ruin it for the rest of us, but in your opinion, are the actions of 2 people more representative of an entire fan base, than a larger group of a fan base causing mayhem? And if not, why are the actions of 2 individuals permanently under the microscope, yet the actions of many are simply glossed over?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    You bring up several excellent points, one of which I'd love to get your opinion on.

Do you think 1 or 2 fans beating some opposing fan down (for whatever reason) is more representative of an entire fan base, or is a larger group of people participating in a 'riot' more representative of the fan base.

Now, I do realize that IF the Dodgers ever win a World Series (emphasis on the IF), you'll get morons who ruin it for the rest of us, but in your opinion, are the actions of 2 people more representative of an entire fan base, than a larger group of a fan base causing mayhem? And if not, why are the actions of 2 individuals permanently under the microscope, yet the actions of many are simply glossed over?
    Of course the larger group is more representative of a fan base. I imagine that you agree that neither represent the entire fan base though.

The actions of the 2 are under a microscope more than the actions of many, not because of the fan base they are part of, but because of the results. The idiots in the large group ruined buildings and cars... The other 2 idiots put a man in a wheel chair for life.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123