Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought ?

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Tom; 01-25-2015 at 09:11 AM.

You know with Christmas coming up, wouldn't it be great to have a whole bunch of used Christmas trees recycled as fish habitat? Maybe get permission (somehow) from the CDFW to anchor bunches of these trees together here and there now that the water is so low. Be great for the crappie guys and other fishermen once the water goes back up. That reminds me. I should start looking around the whole boat launch area for my favorite ultralight rig I lost off my float tube a while back. Someone no doubt found it by now...

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    You know with Christmas coming up, wouldn't it be great to have a whole bunch of used Christmas trees recycled as fish habitat? Maybe get permission (somehow) from the CDFW to anchor bunches of these trees together here and there now that the water is so low. Be great for the crappie guys and other fishermen once the water goes back up. That reminds me. I should start looking around the whole boat launch area for my favorite ultralight rig I lost off my float tube a while back. Someone no doubt found it by now...
    I thought they have already been doing this. I know they've been putting them into Lake Elsinore but I thought they were doing this at Perris as well.

Lol, I can't tell you how many baits of various kinds I've found at DVL as of late. Rods too, but those for the most part have been ruined...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    I thought they have already been doing this. I know they've been putting them into Lake Elsinore but I thought they were doing this at Perris as well.

Lol, I can't tell you how many baits of various kinds I've found at DVL as of late. Rods too, but those for the most part have been ruined...
    People should stockpile everything being discovered from these lakes,pour a jigantic amount of resin over the top of it then throw in in the lake!

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    People should stockpile everything being discovered from these lakes,pour a jigantic amount of resin over the top of it then throw in in the lake!
    Hey! It could be called Corporate contribution reef! Very cool! Utt-o that second SUV is back?!!

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    Hey! It could be called Corporate contribution reef! Very cool! Utt-o that second SUV is back?!!
    All "Jokeing" aside.... I wish nothing but the BEST for my neighbors to the north! Here is hope for a quick and speedy completion of the dam project and I know that when they fill her up again that the fishing will become better than ever! Godspeed and be GOOD to one another!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure my rod is no longer any good. As for the Christmas trees, I don't think they have put in any new ones in several years. I know they eventually break down to practically nothing but sticks, but for a few years they are great! Used to be a great bunch of trees in the Bernasconi beach area that you could get some giant crappie and bass from, but it's gone now..

I have already put 1000+ citrus tree habitats into the existing water level. I have a fisheries habitat plan that involves 1100 more citrus habitats, 132 pipe caves and 71 rock reefs for the lake bottom from high water to the 25' reduction level it's been at for the last 8 years. This work is being done as part of the mitigation for the dam remediation drawdown. I will be a busy dude.

kwin that is great news indeed for improving the fishing habitat at Lake Perris, thank you for the effort. Can you give any insight into what is being done or considered at DVL if anything. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by kwin View Post
    1000+ citrus tree habitats, 1100 more citrus habitats, 132 pipe caves and 71 rock reefs
    Sounds awesome. Hope everything stays on schedule. Thanks for the info Kwin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast