Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a thought ?

Default Just a thought ?

With the dam reconstucting going on how about petitioning the State and PARK to use some of those materials to create numerous stucture spots accross the lake for fish habitat?!!! Not only would it spread out anglers accross the lake but could also aid in the createtion of some extreamly large bass! JUST A THOUGHT.

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    With the dam reconstucting going on how about petitioning the State and PARK to use some of those materials to create numerous stucture spots accross the lake for fish habitat?!!! Not only would it spread out anglers accross the lake but could also aid in the createtion of some extreamly large bass! JUST A THOUGHT.
    I wonder if the red tape for even doing that extends from here to next year.

Talk to the DFG about the process on creating artificial structure and see what they say.

The creation of large bass was via trout stocking, and we've seen what the state budget has done for that.

Kwin, can Perris create structure for bass using the materials that are currently being excavated?

Kwin stated in another thread that they were indeed going to make habitat improvements while the lake level was down. He wasn't specific about the materials to be used and the thread was about using old tires that someone here wanted to donate. They won't use those but I can't see why they wouldn't use rocks from the excavation to build structure in various places around the lake unless the costs of doing so would not be afforded in the budget...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I wonder if the red tape for even doing that extends from here to next year.

Talk to the DFG about the process on creating artificial structure and see what they say.

The creation of large bass was via trout stocking, and we've seen what the state budget has done for that.

Kwin, can Perris create structure for bass using the materials that are currently being excavated?
    Utt-O... I think I see two Black SUV trucks with tinted windows outside my gates!

Utt-O... I think I see two Black SUV trucks with tinted windows outside my gates!
    In fact one of the SUVs has B.A.S.S / StrikeKing / Gamagatsue /Berkley PowerBait /Eagle Claw /Kitech custom worms /Anglers Marine /Jackall lures /ZOOM /gary yamamoto custom Baits /NITRO Boats /Triton Boats / Ranger Boats and a whole slue of other major corp. sponsored logos! Maybe these fine people and MR Marino could draft up a super Lake that would become a modle for many others accross the GLOBE? "That is" if the state of CAL would allow such a Noble Thing! It sure would be cool if these corp.giants gave back to something that has giving them SOO MUCH! JUST A THOUGHT....

I like where this thought process is heading

In fact one of the SUVs has B.A.S.S / StrikeKing / Gamagatsue /Berkley PowerBait /Eagle Claw /Kitech custom worms /Anglers Marine /Jackall lures /ZOOM /gary yamamoto custom Baits /NITRO Boats /Triton Boats / Ranger Boats and a whole slue of other major corp. sponsored logos! Maybe these fine people and MR Marino could draft up a super Lake that would become a modle for many others accross the GLOBE? "That is" if the state of CAL would allow such a Noble Thing! It sure would be cool if these corp.giants gave back to something that has giving them SOO MUCH! JUST A THOUGHT....
    Do you think that these corporations do not currently give back? You are right the state guberment would not allow such a logical thing even if these evil and greedy corporations were willing to loos'n up those purse strings and part with their piles of cash. The state would be more likely to close this lake to fishing to save a mouse than to spend money on fishery improvements.

Sorry thought I was in the general section of the forum for a moment, got carried away.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Last edited by Tom; 01-25-2015 at 09:11 AM.

Perris is not the only lake that is catering to the lake lice and party freaks. Silverwood has gone from a very fishermen friendly lake to one that cares only about the summer crowds that cause by far the most damage to infrastructure and create tons of trash and baby diapers to pollute the water. There is a new Superintendent that thinks they are more important. They are supposed to be closing off the majority of the parking lots this winter and leave only the main launch ramp possible open (at least that's what he wants to do). The loyal fishermen are the ones that buy the annual passes for access and boating, spend by far the largest amount of money by far more than the 10 bucks per carload for the summer party people (it looks like they take that to heart when I see how many sometimes are stuffed in a car!).

I think this is a reflection of the states policies as a whole, fishermen suck so screw um.

I don't want to turn this thread into a Silverwood issue but the old guard out there is getting pretty pissed off at this point, not sure what can be done.

Don't know were the first SUV went but the one with the logos is still there. Also, it looks like a pile of cigerett butts on the ground outside the Drivers window?!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast