Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The OFFICIAL 2014/15 Los Angeles Lakers Thread - Sponsored by The Titanic

Clippers are fun to watch but come playoffs time they are no where to be found

Quote Originally Posted by MarkyMark View Post
    Right now I would spend money to see the Clippers over the Lakers. Lakers are playing for the draft lottery. Reality check

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Nope but proving a point that he still has it!
    Make a major move before kobe goes down
    He still has what? The ability to ostracize his teammates, in order to prove a personal point? He sure does.

Too bad basketball is a 5 person sport.

And major move? Did you read the article that nobody wants to come to LA because of Kobe? What major move are you referring to? As an NBA owner, what major move would you make with the Lakers?

Clippers are fun to watch but come playoffs time they are no where to be found
    No where to be found? And where will the Lakers be during playoffs time this season?

Lay off the media! I blame Jim Buss and Kupchak for the horrible decisions they have made in the past years
    I mean come on who wouldn't want to play next to a 5 time champ who wants to win & not in it for the money

Now regarding lakers little brothers Chris Paul said it himself "whats the point of making the playoffs if you cant win championships''

Quick question who do you go for ?

DarkShadow you really need to get laid!

The mamba has brought many, many millions to the Lakers coffer over the years and certainly is a key to those 5 championships (go ahead and pull the Shack card out of your butt and any other BS that I've been reading lately!). I don't like the guy personally, I come from the showtime years and the best there ever was or will ever be is Magic Johnson, watching him was watching well magic and the dude was likable also.

That douche coward loser Howard I'm glad is gone from the team and will endure a down year or 2 just so he isn't the future of the franchise. The management of the Lakers has a lot to be desired with their choices as of late and I think they shouldn't have offered Kobe the money they did then maybe he could have gone elsewhere as a hired gun and got himself another ring so all you haters have something else to be jealous of and talk crap about!

I'm a Laker fan like T-rex is a niner fan, except the Lakers have no chance this year the niners have at least a slim one (that was for you T-rex).
    Last edited by seal; 10-30-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Finally we agree with each other haha
    Agree 100% buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post

The mamba has brought many, many millions to the Lakers coffer over the years and certainly is a key to those 5 championships (go ahead and pull the Shack card out of your butt and any other BS that I've been reading lately!). I don't like the guy personally, I come from the showtime years and the best there ever was or will ever be is Magic Johnson, watching him was watching well magic and the dude was likable also.

That douche coward loser Howard I'm glad is gone from the team and will endure a down year or 2 just so he isn't the future of the franchise. The management of the Lakers has a lot to be desired with their choices as of late and I think they shouldn't have offered Kobe the money they did then maybe he could have gone elsewhere as a hired gun and got himself another ring so all you haters have something else to be jealous of and talk crap about!

I'm a Laker fan like T-rex is a niner fan, except the Lakers have no chance this year the niners have at least a slim one (that was for you T-rex).

I mean come on who wouldn't want to play next to a 5 time champ who wants to win & not in it for the money.
    Apparently you didn't read this interesting article.

Here are some gems:

"Peek behind the banners," says one longtime NBA agent, "and it's rotten."
    "Kobe is like the big rock in their front yard," says an agent who has had a Lakers client in recent years. "You can't mow over it, so you just have to mow around it."
    Another agent with current Lakers clients was asked whether Bryant undermined the team's rebuilding by alienating would-be free agent recruits. "Well, duh," he replied. "Isn't that obvious?"
    "I've had a lot of clients in the last five years, good players, who didn't want to play with Kobe," says an agent who has had numerous NBA stars. "They see that his teammates become the chronic public whipping boys. Anyone who could possibly challenge Kobe for the spotlight ends up becoming a pincushion for the media. Even Shaq."
    "I just never felt like the Lakers put as much effort into the building-the-team part of it," says an agent who once had a free agent decline a Lakers offer. "I saw some things in the players' parking lot. Conversations between Bynum and his people and some people with the Lakers. It got pretty rough and heated."
    I guess the answer to your question of who wouldn't want to play with Kobe is "quite a lot of people." And that is the elephant in the room that nobody wants to admit to.

Quick question who do you go for ?
    I'm a huge Laker fan. And not a bandwaggoner either.

Are you propositioning me, seal? ;-)

First off, the idea of Kobe going to another team to be a hired gun is slim, simply because the spotlight would no longer be on him. That's a big no no for the Old Mamba.

My point is, as a fan, I am now realizing how much the guy is affecting the Laker's chances for winning TODAY and in the future. It's funny how many sports fans are of the "What have you done for me lately" variety, but how is that some athletes get a pass.

Also, I can say that Shaq brought many millions to the Lakers coffer, yet, when he was let go, the Buss family used the "it's only business, it's not personal."

Perhaps it's time that they used that same philosophy with this aging superstar.
    Last edited by DarkShadow; 10-30-2014 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    First off, the idea of Kobe going to another team to be a hired gun is slim, simply because the spotlight would no longer be on him. That's a big no no for the Old Mamba.

My point is, as a fan, I am now realizing how much the guy is affecting the Laker's chances for winning TODAY and in the future. It's funny how many sports fans are of the "What have you done for me lately" variety, but how is that some athletes get a pass.

Also, I can say that Shaq brought many millions to the Lakers coffer, yet, when he was let go, the Buss family used the "it's only business, it's not personal."

Perhaps it's time that they used that same philosophy with this aging superstar.
    We agree on almost everything except I disagree about Kobe not being taken by any other team. I don't understand why a guy that is by all accounts one of the toughest most dedicated players there is not being wanted on a team, also I think that many that played with him that had a similar makeup actually respected and loved playing with him. Problem is with the big baby's that don't have that same mentality. The right coach (Jackson and others) could handle Kobe and get him the touches while spreading it around a little bit without caving into his alpha personality and funny thing is Kobe actually respected Jackson after he grew up out of his adolescent behavior. Many players although adult by age are still adolescents because they've been enabled all their lives (insert picture of Howard here).

I've been worried about you DS you've been a little negative lately I was just looking after your well being. I'd be glad to donate a hundy to the cause but I'm not personally propositioning you, my backside is still virgin and I plan on keeping it that way!

Funny I realized after I posted that I spelled Shaq's name wrong but thought I'd leave it just for the hell of it.

We almost beat the Clippers.

That counts for something, right?

When will the Lakers win their first game?

Talk around the bar is that they're tanking on purpose, because as one guy put it, "they can't be that [expletive] bad can they? Christ, I need another Jack Single Barrel shot just watching this."

Phoenix is pretty bad, right? We should beat them?

That rift with Shaq 10 years ago is biting Kobe inda *****$$....& chalk up another loss for them
    Last edited by MarkyMark; 11-03-2014 at 12:02 PM. Reason: sp

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    When will the Lakers win their first game?
    Preseason in the 2015-2016 season. But they will hold a new NBA record this year. First team to go a whole season without a win.

Go Lakers!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast