Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chino Wetlands

Default Chino Wetlands

Anyone fish there recently? Moved out to chino not to long ago and found out about this place. It being close by wanted to see if anyone has been there before I waste my time lol

its ok, can't go during the week because workers will kick you out. Weekends are so so, if you're into catching 7in bass all day then this is your place. Ive been a few times, mainly to practice flipping and pitching into reeds. But only seen one fish over 1lb in there haha.

Quote Originally Posted by NeKro View Post
    Anyone fish there recently? Moved out to chino not to long ago and found out about this place. It being close by wanted to see if anyone has been there before I waste my time lol

Quote Originally Posted by thomasb10 View Post
    its ok, can't go during the week because workers will kick you out. Weekends are so so, if you're into catching 7in bass all day then this is your place. Ive been a few times, mainly to practice flipping and pitching into reeds. But only seen one fish over 1lb in there haha.
    sucks, I was planning to go after work Thursday like around 330-4ish. Don't mind the dinks, better than staying home.

Used to be really good during the spring. Few bass over 1 lb but there used to be a lot. Until some guy started posting YouTube videos and telling hundreds of people where it's at. Now every weekend there is tons of people at that little place and a lot of people keeping bass.

Quote Originally Posted by parkermann2 View Post
    Used to be really good during the spring. Few bass over 1 lb but there used to be a lot. Until some guy started posting YouTube videos and telling hundreds of people where it's at. Now every weekend there is tons of people at that little place and a lot of people keeping bass.
    Damn that sucks

6. Default

Dang, never seen those videos before. Thanks for the tip. I have attempted to get permission to fish back there, no dice. There are scheduled bird watching trips and even hunting trips back there, but no love for anglers.

Thanks for the tip. The variable water levels back there must make fishing tough...but those ponds look great!!

[edit]. Never mind, looks like these are a similar wetlands but not the real deal, by the dam. Those little ponds he is at didn't have any fish several years ago :)
    Last edited by carpanglerdude; 04-06-2016 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carpanglerdude View Post
    Dang, never seen those videos before. Thanks for the tip. I have attempted to get permission to fish back there, no dice. There are scheduled bird watching trips and even hunting trips back there, but no love for anglers.

Thanks for the tip. The variable water levels back there must make fishing tough...but those ponds look great!!

[edit]. Never mind, looks like these are a similar wetlands but not the real deal, by the dam. Those little ponds he is at didn't have any fish several years ago :)
    lets go check it out

i'm down to go too if you guys want to meet up sometime :)

Quote Originally Posted by cgar View Post
    i'm down to go too if you guys want to meet up sometime :)
    To catch carp?

Largemouth bass
    Last edited by Tony91723; 06-19-2016 at 09:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast