Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 10/25 yak attack #2

Default 10/25 yak attack #2

I made the drive back up to BBL yesterday 10/25.

I checked the weather Fri. night and it looked manageable. However, I arrived at 9:30 to high winds and small whitecaps across the lake. I briefly contemplated not launching and sticking to the shore, but ended up giving it a go. I got pretty wet peddling across the lake, and popped into a small cove to warm up and get a line in the water. There weren't many boats out due to the weather and I ventured out to let the wind push me on a fast drift. I found the same stack of crappie and had some more fun with them. A little later, I get bit and line starts peeling off my UL combo. I thought I was into my first big trout of the year in BBL. After a good tug o war, I get the fish to the side of the yak to see a nice 2lbs small mouth. Beauty of a bronze back with my small hook stuck firmly into his lip. I spent the rest of my time basically running a two lane drift peddling into the wind headed west, then turning to let the wind push me back east. Ended the day with 15 crappie, 1 rainbow, and 1 smb. Pretty good day considering the conditions, but it will probably be my last BBL yak session until next spring.

Tony

2. Default

Thanks for the report. Did you find the crappie at the same exact spot as your last trip?

thanks

Yep, same spot, but there are 4 fewer then when I arrived. Damn tasty, the rest were left to be caught another day.

4. Default

haha right on! good job man