Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sat 25 oct lake Perris

Default Sat 25 oct lake Perris

I made a hugh mistake yesterday, I went to the lake at Sail Cove on a week end, and may I say it was a mess.
    First thing that happened was there were at least twenty cars and campers parked right at water edge, there was know action in camp so I went on the water, all of a sudden a large model plane flew over my head close to the water, then there were six of them chasing each other, landing on the water and taking off, very loud, then in time came the little speed boats racing all over the place, then to top all things off at the beach there were at least fifty people walking to the waters edge , little kids running all over the place, then the singing started loud church songs I guess, for to hours this went on, they were blessing their kids in the water with a Priest, loud singing that I did not understand,

After two hours I was red faced and me and the fish left.

Ted

You know what Ted, I once was float tubing there and all of a sudden here comes a couple big helicopters with hanging buckets, taking turns picking up water and dumping it somewhere behind the dam. I was getting wet with all the mist and dropping water nearby and the lake was getting pretty choppy. There were lots of boaters showing up too, to watch the choppers. But guess what? The fish started biting like crazy! I had a big smile on my face from watching a great show of flying aircrafts, and catching lots of fish! Now these were only Redears and Bluegills, (which are my favorite fish to float tube for) but they were all the good-sized ones that Perris is known for. I don't let much bother me when fishing, usually panfish will still bite. Bass would probably get lockjaw..

That is wild, maybe the blades from the heicopters making the water choppy put them in a feeding mode, , yes but yesterday these were planes of a good size, and to see about seven of them all over the place was fun to watch, but they all were pretty noisy.

How was the launch Ted?
    I was at Sail Cove 3 weeks ago and it was awfully muddy at the waters edge.

Muddy is not the word for it, if you are wearing flippers they act like suction cups, it is dirty mud that smells horid, you can hardly pull your feet up, like a clay muck,when I got home after launching and takingthe tube out of the water my wife said who won you or the lake, she refuised to wash my favorite socks, thow them away, I said know They are marked with a L @ R

Thanks for the input Ted. I myself just wear tube socks, saves on the confusion L @ R. :)

maybe next time you should just rent the lake out for yourself so you don't get frustrated when people use the lake also. heaven forbid there are people walking the waters edge and swimming in the beach area.

all seriousness thanks for the heads up that you could find some crap conditions if you use sail cove to put in your tube. i wouldn't really want to deal with that either.

You go to Perris enough you can see about anything. Once saw a guy with a motorized kayak. worked like a charm until it quit, mid lake. Another guy had a boat and was using a weedwacker for a motor. I guess the same concept as a trolling motor, kind off. Didn't seem to work very well. another time three kids came rolling by on a jet ski. Problem was none of the three had a life jacket, they were in a motorized boat keep out zone, and the driver was driving the ski completely turned around facing backwards.

gcopple were you ever in the service,

gcopple in all seriousness forget my last post, where I asked if you were ever in the service ,I guess not, yes I understand the lake or all lakes are for all people, that is the way things are, but the overwelling amount of people there at one time was surprising to me , goodness I may have bin on the lake with you one time and not knowing you we both had a good time there.
    Sorry I upset you, I only write about the lake to Share with the guys and get them to post , I have a good time posting on the lake.
    By the way know one was on the lake today at Sail Cove and I caught two really nice Blue gill, very thick fish, I was using a five foot pole and was that fun, they are still out their on the lake I painted a x on the water in case you want to catch them

Ok Ted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast