Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Out of state elk hunting

Quote Originally Posted by Bucket View Post
    Like said its your choice and i respect it. But bill clinton never had a surplus budget with the exception of 99.the government have been overspending since the 60s.people act like there was no debt when bill was in office but there was and he overspent with he exception of that one year
    I know this is your thread, so I don't think you would mind if we did a little political swashbuckling here. Especially since some of the other political threads got ignored recently. It's true Bill Clinton only balanced the budget once in 1999, however his other years while he was in office his deficits weren't too bad. Along comes George W. Bush and like any good Republican he comes in with a philosophy. Tax's are always too high and there are always way too many governmental regulations on businesses. So I'll just lower the tax's and businesses will suddenly start booming and the economy will be just grand!!!!!! Well how did that work out for him??????? He inherited a good ship, but by the time he left office, he ran up huge deficits himself and the country was on the brink of a depression. That Republican philosophy didn't work out very well for him did it.

Now let's talk about the Governor of Kansas, (Brownback) he too inherited a good ship. The Kansas state treasury had a surplus of 600 million dollars when he took office. He too was a good little Republican who thought tax's are always too high and had a philosophy he wanted to implement. So him being the Governor LOWERED tax's like a good little Republican should and WHAM!!!!!!!!! Disaster strikes!!!!!!! They lowered tax's alright, but to the point they can't pay their bills!!!!! They now have crummy roads and an educational system about ready to implode on itself and a 300 million dollar deficit. Still the Governor thinks this is all OK, after all he lowered TAX"S!!!!!!!
    Last edited by etucker1959; 10-26-2014 at 06:32 PM.

Like i said thats your opinion and i respect it ill save this discussion fir the other threads in the meantime enjoybyour weekend

anyone do any coyote hunting????

Quote Originally Posted by etucker1959 View Post
    Let me answer you guy's about why I changed party's. Yes I did vote for Al Gore in 2000. Here's why, we just came off of the best 4 year economic period in my life time. We had a SURPLUS in the federal budget, even if they were fuzzy numbers that's a Heck of a lot better then a 1 trillion dollar a year deficit in the Federal budget like we've had in recent years. Al Gore was Clinton's VP, my thoughts were "KEEP IT GOING!!!" Now you got George W coming out of nowhere. In just listening to the guy talk he comes off very dumb!!!!! That was my thoughts before the election. Was I right???? I think so!!!!! Remember it wasn't just George W calling all the shots, he had Cheney and Rumsfeld helping him out big time. If that wasn't a reincarnation of the 3 stooges you didn't have a TV set. I'll just pick my two favorite thing the 3 stooges did wrong, of course they did a lot more. The mishandling of Hurricane Katrina and the prescription drug program they put on the credit card were just some of the minor disastro's. But the 2 BIG ones were the War in Iraq, we all know how well that one worked out don't we. Yet the most embarrassing one was the handling of the prisoner's in Gizmo Bay!!!!!

My transformation wasn't complete yet!!!! In 2008 I was a big Hillary fan, I hated Obam for taking that away from her. He was the younger man, he should have waited his turn. Well John MaCain was a decent guy and war hero, but too old to be President in my book. So I reluctantly voted for Obama, but here is what sealed the deal for me to turn my back against the Republican party for good. The "TEA PARTY!!!!!!" Come on, a blind man can see these people are all wet in their beliefs. Brownback in Kansas is good example of what these people would do, if they ever controlled things. Do I think the Demorats are doing a good job?? Helll No!!!!! The problem is the Republicans would do a WORSE Job if they were in charge. I'm basically picking the lessor of 2 evils!!!!
    Ditto on that Tucker.
    I'm a 1959er myself. Must be that time for us old farts.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123