Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apollo Park Derby

Apollo has had this problem for almost 7 years now. they stock fish, the fish go in, you get a couple hours of good fishing and then it seems like the fish start to die. you see them cruising the shoreline loagy and sick..... after a couple days youll see people out netting them by the dozens. Seems like the fishing is decent around the water hoses/ bubble holes. Makes me wonder if there isnt sufficient oxygen in the water. but watching reports and looking at amaysing fishings facebook page does show there are big fish and big browns they stocked.

When i was fishing it every day last season (despite the fish dieing and wanting to shake hands with you at the shoreline) i stuck to the far back lake, fished early morning and only if the hoses where shooting water. could get a fish here and there...had a couple of limits but nothing exciting (well not exciting if you consider the amount of fish you see walking the shore) even when i did catch trout they didnt seem normal, seemed "sick" and even had a couple that fought hard for 20-30 seconds and then actually died as i was bringing them in.

Strange happenings at apollo.

i may give it a shot this year....only because Big willie pulled out a 12lb brown.... that is funny. apollo park, lancaster... 12 lb brown... who would have thought? lol

Trout fishing is very good now with the water temp as good as it gets. There's even some big derby rainbows and browns still cruising each lake but hard to entice into biting.
    Just about any bait will work now, even flyfishing with midges and nymphs.
    DFG is even planting every two weeks.
    TTFM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12