Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fishing the dam

Yip and the 9/11 guys were just for an airplane ride too.

Skinny are you really that ignorant? You need to open your eyes. How does what a person wear equate to terrorism or terrorist? You and people who think that is funny are really sorry people. You want to laugh at something - laugh at your stupidity and the ignorance you propagate.

Quote Originally Posted by d1LedHed View Post
    Skinny are you really that ignorant? You need to open your eyes. How does what a person wear equate to terrorism or terrorist? You and people who think that is funny are really sorry people. You want to laugh at something - laugh at your stupidity and the ignorance you propagate.
    Why dress that way when you live here. YOU ARE NOT IN THE MIDDLE EAST. just saying

How about freedom of religion????? - Constitution - maybe - for everyone?

Suppose to be a post for fishing on the dam - sorry for the hijack.

I'm done - adios amigos.
    Last edited by d1LedHed; 10-25-2014 at 06:46 PM.

I never said anything about their religion. They are free to believe whatever they want. But gang bangers wear saggy pants and bandanas, white supremacists have swazis tattooed on their chest, cowboys wear spurs, etc. not in all cases but some, just sayin. Furthermore I have fought for my country, to protect its freedoms, so those people can take a nice stroll in the lake if they want to. I did not call the police or turn them into homeland security. I also did what I did because To protect the right to my own beliefs no matter who doesn't like them.

Oh yeah i caught 13 bass by the dam yesterday. Mostly on crankbait a. That is my report.
    Last edited by Skinny; 10-25-2014 at 07:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by d1LedHed View Post
    Are you kidding? I guarantee you Skinny wasn't the only person watching this. I guarantee you they were definitely being "glassed" from shore. It's no secret terrorists have wanted to take out water infrastructure in the USA. That is exactly why those signs have been on that Dam for quite some time. Right after 9/11 I was building sunrooms and solariums at the time and I was given a job in Riverside with directions how to get there. We didn't have GPS and the directions given to me were wrong. The road I was on, I don't remember the name, took me over the Dam at Lake Mathews since the street names were wrong and I passed the right street. I went past the Dam and turned around then stopped at the turnout on the Dam, which has a plaque telling the history of the Dam, to call for new directions. While I sat there waiting for directions I was suddenly surrounded by 4 unmarked black cars and 4 people jumped out of each fully armed and they surrounded me with weapons drawn. They made me get out and then they searched my truck. Once they realized I was not a terrorist, they explained why this was happening. They then pointed to a temp sign that I hadn't noticed that said NO stopping for any reason. They were afraid someone would blow the Dam up or dump poison in the water supply. Sorry man but the threat of terrorism is too real to disregard that. I would have the same thought as Skinny seeing something like that and in fact we Americans are SUPPOSED to watch for and report incidents like that as they could be casing it out for a future attack. Unlike DVL Dams, the Perris Dam is not as thick and would not take as much explosives to breach that Dam. DVL would take a small nuke to breach it, but not Perris or many other smaller older Dams...

**Edit**

In today's world ignorance and inattentiveness can get you killed. You must now go through life with you eyes wide open and always be aware of your surroundings and what is taking place in those surroundings. That's not paranoia, that's just plain common sense...
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 10-25-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    next time you go just ask the people at the front gate or go to the Store and ask them.
    they appear to be very helpful

Today a Peace officer (Riverside Sheriff) at the lake said that the dam face should be open for fishing depending on the day....a day to day situation
    No real straight Answer ever at the lake
    So who knows. The project was suppose to start last February!

i wonder how many of the launch ramp trees they will cut down that have regrown int he corner of the launch ramp ??
    when the lake opened there were trees it he way between the ramps. of course they were cut down and use for Fire wood by a certain Group of people at night summer 81-82
    I wish they would leave all the new growth for habitat

A couple of weeks ago the lake posted an update on Facebook regarding the upcoming shore restrictions as it relates to construction. I commented asking if the restrictions would only be from shore and this was their response.

"All ground access is limited. This includes the Bernasconi day use/camping, bike trail, horse trails, dam, big rock, shore fishing, etc. Boats can still float in the water. The link provided has an image that visually shows the extent of the closure."

Nothing was said about bouys or limiting access from the water side. I hope stays that way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12