Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fishing the dam

Default fishing the dam

Can someone help me with info on fishing the damn from shore or is it closed for construction Haven't fished the lake in 5 plus years. Thanks

The people in the Store and the front gate Claim the dam will be closed when work starts. This includes all boats and float tubes will be held to 500ft away at all times
    From what they say they Bouys will be installed at 500ft from the dam not to be entered "Dam will be OFF Limits Completely"

Who really knows but this is what they are saying.
    So only the North shoreline and the East end will be open
    This will close the lake to Much of the Bass Fishing in the winter time
    Last edited by Tom; 10-24-2014 at 09:27 PM.

Thanks ! Tom

next time you go just ask the people at the front gate or go to the Store and ask them.
    they appear to be very helpful

I would like to hear the reasoning for a 500 ft distance from the dam, or did they just pull a number out of their ****!!!!!!

There are already and has always been signs on the dam face that say "no boats within 500 feet" but everyone just disregards them cuz there's no bouys. So maybe thats where they got the number. JMO
    Last edited by Skinny; 10-25-2014 at 12:19 PM.

The 500 ft thing was put into place after 9/11. Ya I know terrorists in Bass boats wtf!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DEVOREFLYER View Post
    The 500 ft thing was put into place after 9/11. Ya I know terrorists in Bass boats wtf!!!!!!
    Funny thing, earlier this year i saw five turbins in a rental boat and the thought crossed my mind! Now call me a racist!

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny View Post
    Funny thing, earlier this year i saw five turbins in a rental boat and the thought crossed my mind! Now call me a racist!

LMAO. Did they have fishin' poles or were they just lookin'? Were their Camels anywhere to be seen????? lol

There was about four females with head pieces. Only their eyes were showing. They were in a pontoon and the six males were following in the 12 foot aluminum. No poles or anything. I was like WTF are they doing here. Who knows what they were doing. The thought definately crossed my mind that they might leave the rental by the dam, baboom! I'm sure they were just out for a boat ride tho.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast