Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: weekend crowd

Default weekend crowd

Have the weekends been crowed? I usually only go during the week and I'm thinking about going tomorrow.
    Last edited by alfanna; 10-24-2014 at 08:59 AM.

I don't think I ever gone to DVL when it was crowded unless their was a huge tourni going on. Generally, even when the lot seems fairly busy Im lonely on the lake.

we were out there last sunday and there was maybe 10-15 max 20 boats .....

Wow, that's empty. Cool I'll give it a go. Thanks for the info guys..

Parking lot will be busy with NAMI walk but out on the water it will be clear.

Anybody remember when the line used to go all the way out and onto Dommenigoni, even on weekdays?

unfortunately due to the lack of people fishing, the word isn't being passed around about the bite being good. its good and bad. for the guys that are secretive; its awesome, for the business around; it's bad. give and take type of deal. when the only reports to be found on the internet are of people having slow times or on internet searches of guys having bad experiences; of course nobody's gonna want to come.

on any given day its hard pressed to find 20 boats in the lot. after 1:30-2:00 im usually one of the only trailers if the last trailer. for me it's awesome because i dont have to worry about bailing on spots for the fear of another angler being there. at the same time it sucks for the lake when they are in need of business. to keep a fishery open as great as it is, $$$ need to come through the gate.

in the mean time, the launch is excellent, the fish are biting and i'm having an absolute blast wrecking fish! its up to people whether or not they want in on the fall bite! :)

Quote Originally Posted by gogreeenz4 View Post
    we were out there last sunday and there was maybe 10-15 max 20 boats .....
    I was out there on Sunday as well, and like he said, there were not many boats. I felt like I had the lake to myself.

no stripers=No people... It use to take 30 minutes on a Tuesday just to get in when the stripers were biting.
    Last edited by dixoncider; 10-25-2014 at 05:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dixoncider View Post
    no stripers=No people... I used to take 30 minutes on a Tuesday just to get in when the stripers were biting.

It is amazing that the Stripers have just seemed to have disappeared. No activity, no boils, nothing at all. What happened they were thicker than fleas last year. Lot of bait present this year, what happened????

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast