Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: The Wood 10-21

Default The Wood 10-21

I decided to try my luck at the Wood last night after numerous skunks. I had 2 blow ups. Missed the first one and landed the second. Happy to finally pop my striper cherry. It seems as soon as the schoolies showed they were gone. Those striper are strong pullers ad really commit to chasing down a bait. All my action came on the Sammy, threw everything else In my box for nothing. I met another fnn member out there, nice meeting you sgtskunk. Stopped at bsp on the way home for another Sammy and picked up a rover. Thanks for reading and yes it's a beautiful lake but the trash is outta control!
    Last edited by fishfrenzy; 07-28-2015 at 05:08 PM.

Thanks for the report had boat troubles this year so have not been out there much. Love the lake hate the trash type of people out there just do not care sad. Hope to get back out there soon and send a report of my own...

The bite has really been in the last 1/2 hour before dark if going in the evening from my recent outings. Stick with the sammy for sure!

good meeting you too bro thanks for sharing your spot. I'm about to head back right now so I'll let you know how it goes.