Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Ice Fishing Rainbow Trout

Default Ice Fishing Rainbow Trout

Ice fishing East Pit Lake Rainbow Trout the other day was decent. Must have drilled 60 holes to find some that would mark fish. All fish were caught on a gold slender spoon. These fish were packed with large water beetles and other aquatic insects. They weren't full though because they were very aggressive on the MarCum and would charge in and not waste any time before grabbing the spoon. Had a great day out on the ice and if you give it a try I hope you do too! Watch out there was a little water on the ice but plenty of ice to walk on.

Video Link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hlbt75-6Tdg

Looks fun, but cold. Nice fish!!! I'll have to look at that slender spoon. Who makes that? Thanks for posting!!

Another excellent video, thanks for sharing!

TD

Great video Thank you
    I remember Many Many ears ago when we were allowed to Ice fish on Big Bear lake when it froze over
    Do i see a dragon fly nymph in the stomach contents ?
    Last edited by Tom; 12-11-2014 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Great video Thank you
    I remember Many Many ears ago when we were allowed to Ice fish on Big Bear lake when it froze over
    Do i see a dragon fly nymph in the stomach contents ?
    Yes that's a dragon fly nymph. Too bad I would have loved to ice fish big bear. The slender spoon is made by custom jigs and spins.