Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Corona 18 Oct.

Default Corona 18 Oct.

I wanted to get my son on some Cats so we went down to Corona.
    What usually takes 40 mins. from home ended up a slow "corona crawl" of 70mins thanks to the 3 accidents in a 1/2 mi. stretch on the 15 south.
    Couldn't believe how low the water was and uncrowded it is.
    Set up the offerings crawler/mellow and shrimp. Lines in by 3.

At this time I'm thinking this can't be true fishing must really suck......
    Then 1st missed bite by 4 and 1st fish landed by 4:30. Ok so not bad.........then nothing......

But after from 7 to 9 it was Very steady, nothing big but big enough for my little fish killer.

sorry the last 2 photos are crap, the batt was low on the phone and flash wouldn't come on.
    All fish where donated to the few other folks that had little or no fish, freezer is packed with yellowfin and dodo's
    Crawlers out fish the shrimp which was kinda surprising.
    Anyhow thanks for reading hope to see you on the water

wow were did that lake go… we need some serious rain. But either way great job getting you son on the fish. I bet he was one happy kid

Nice job on the kitties its always a blessing seeing a smile on your kids face
    We need to do the rain dance to get some rain and fill up our lakes.

That's awesome!

Nice going on the kittys....looks like a very happy youngster, that is what it's all about!

TD

Nice going on the cats and putting that smile n the kids face as well as the people who scored on the catfish donation :) , Just looking at those photos scares me 1 we need rain and 2 looking at your poles over a chair , a rock .. only a matter of time before one gets pulled in

Quote Originally Posted by fisherman951 View Post
    wow were did that lake go… we need some serious rain. But either way great job getting you son on the fish. I bet he was one happy kid
    thanks. yeah we need some rain asap. the kid like's to pull on anything that swims.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T-rex View Post
    Nice job on the kitties its always a blessing seeing a smile on your kids face
    We need to do the rain dance to get some rain and fill up our lakes.
    thanks, the smile is why I take him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley View Post
    That's awesome!
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Nice going on the kittys....looks like a very happy youngster, that is what it's all about!

when he's on the water he's very happy.

TD
    Quote Originally Posted by Misfitdog View Post
    Nice going on the cats and putting that smile n the kids face as well as the people who scored on the catfish donation :) , Just looking at those photos scares me 1 we need rain and 2 looking at your poles over a chair , a rock .. only a matter of time before one gets pulled in
    lol, the other rod holders where beaning used. the rock held pretty good and the surf rod @ 12' and with a old school Daiwa 5000c on it, if something in this lake could drag in in before I got to it then it could have it. lol

That's one excellent report, thanks for posting up the pics! I've been watching Corona's water level drop day by day driving past it daily this year on my work commute, I've never seen it so low that all the stickups are high and dry, as well as the launch ramp. Glad you were able to get some, looks like you had a great time!

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    That's one excellent report, thanks for posting up the pics! I've been watching Corona's water level drop day by day driving past it daily this year on my work commute, I've never seen it so low that all the stickups are high and dry, as well as the launch ramp. Glad you were able to get some, looks like you had a great time!
    thank you, we did have a blast when they started eating, lol he like's catching not waiting.
    I don't think I've ever seen the water this low, and that's not just here. need to do some serious rain dancing.