Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trout at the wood?

Default Trout at the wood?

Since nothing in my area is being stocked beside pay to fish lakes. I've been thinking about making a drive up to Silverwood. A couple questions though if a local could please help me out so I can figure out if it's worth a drive. I fish from shore no boat, so are there plenty of shore spots to fish? Can I target trout or are they more of a bait fish in this lake? With drought and slow fishing nowadays is it worth an hour drive? Any comments or help would be appreciated. Thanks

Trout have spread out pretty good this year. The back of Miller and Black Oak canyon would be good areas. Look for coves and creek inlets for best results (although creeks are dry right now fish still stack up in those locations).

I believe the state just started stocking. I was there on Sunday. Saw a few trout cruzing around about halfway into the canyon trail. I went all the way to the back on friday and there was too much weed and algae. I was targeting bass but If I were to target the trout I'd stay near docks or the beginning part of Miller Canyon trail.

I fished from the docks twice in the last two weeks and did not see
    anyone catch a trout. I tried for awhile but no bites. All I caught and
    seen people catch from the docks were stripers.

You guys are right. There are no trout in Silverwood.

What about Hemet Lake this time of year?

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    You guys are right. There are no trout in Silverwood.
    DAMMIT! this means smoker will see no use.....

I saw the jigging crews out there. There goes the neighborhood....

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I saw the jigging crews out there. There goes the neighborhood....
    Haha if that was on Sunday then yeah I was there along with 4 others. There was surprisingly a lot of people going for trout.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast