Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday solo mission and Saturday TB/FWD Duct Slayage and Good Times

Default Friday solo mission and Saturday TB/FWD Duct Slayage and Good Times

For the past couple of weekends, Scott has been showing me the ropes in some areas i haven't fished before. The OG Bako Boys just roll that way!

Went out Friday late afternoon on a solo mission. Noting happening for about 2.5 hours with the exception of this monster.

Around 6pm, the bait activity came alive and they were everywhere. Kept waiting for the boils, but they never showed up; however, I did get into a short lived TW bite landing 2 3-4 pounders. First one knock my TW lure a good 10 feet up and into shore. Next cast he didn't miss and drag peeling run ensued. Landed him and while trying free him, the SOB, thrashed hard and stuck the rear treble hook into my right knee. Ouch and worse, because what I forgot to mention above, is that my day started with a full on header entering the first spot. Right boot caught on a piece of barbwire stepping over the fence and I went down hard. Bloody knees, legs and other various aches and pains, but they subsided and didn't stop me from fishing.

Working the other side of the buoy line, my TW gets blown up several times and then fish on.

Top water bite didn't produce any more so I went back to the first spot. Nobody home there so back to second spot, and by now it's been dark for about 30 minutes. Start working the LC128 and it's getting hammered but not hooking up. Finally connect and this sucka blows up on the surface thrashing all over the place, and within seconds, he breaks me off. Now i'm pissed as that's two lures broke off in a week. Fish are bustin up all over the place and the bait is as thick as it can be. Continue to fish now with a Duo Realis 120, not my favorite, but i had a couple of short hook ups and then got slammed by the biggest fish of the night. This fish made several drag peeling runs and after several minutes, I got him near the bank. While trying get him in, big head shake and he swam away free. At that point, I knew my gear was under sized for these fish. Mad as hell, called it a night and headed home.

Saturday:
    I was supposed to head to Famosa for the Reunion Hotrod drags, but given what happened Friday, I cancelled that and I called Trailblazer to see if he could go out. We agree to hookup at 4pm. One of our goals was to show me how to get to some more areas and that we did. Didn't find any fish, but we both beiieve that most of those spots would have all produced later on in the evening. (Scott is an excellent guide and I now have a pretty good lay of the land! Very generous man Scott is. Without a doubt, that's a core quality of a Bako Boy!!!)

We end up in the spot I finished up at on Friday night. Conditions a little different. Bait isn't as active and nothing on top water. Darkens up, and in the usual deadzone between sunset and dark, TB finally gets the skunk of the trip. I throw behind him and I get hooked up. (First fish I've caught on a Fluke in months.) Scott hooks up again and within seconds we got a sweet double hookup going with two nice fish. They work us for awhile, but we finally get them both landed.

Slow steady pick for the next hour and half. We landed around 14-15 with TB nearly doubling up on me. Several farmed, more missed, and one hell of a good time.

These fish were drag peeling tanks and I'm pretty sure I didn't stop smiling for a couple of hours.

Thanks again my friend. We tore 'em up last night!

FWD
    Last edited by FishingwithDave; 10-19-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Great report Dave. Scott looks asleep in that picture.

Sounds like a great trip

Nice couple of trips out...

Way to push on after the header! Who said fishing was a non-contact sport?

Fun report Dave. You guys really have it going with some nice grade fish. WTG

Was a blast dave,,,,,,good times for sure,,,,,

D/K,, Not asleep at this moment

I am already using mental telepathy to predict where my next cast will be,,,,,,,,

it just works better with my eyes closed,,,

The 400 000 watt light on daves phone light was a bit to blame also,,lol.

Soon DAVE, myself C,BAIT AND YOU WILL ALL HIT IT TOGETHER AND ALL HELL WILL BE PUT ON THE STRIPERS THAT NIGHT for sure.

TRAIL BLAZER
    Last edited by trail blazer; 10-19-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Great report Dave!!

You guys are just killing it!!

Straight up Animals!

Your report bout bloody knees reminds me about
    Scott's trip with his knees all bloody. I think you should be inducted
    To the bako hall of fame now!!

Good job guys.
    Crazy how TB can even catch em in his sleep.

Nice report, Scott does look like he has been working too much, however it just might confirm that rumor, about his ability to catch them in his sleep...................Dave

If I cant sleep tonight and if I cant get that Big ole DD striper off my mind and if my wife just gives me A N Y reason to throw a fit<smokescreen>,Im going out in the morn,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Maby ????????????

maby not,,???????

gotta be back by 8ish for dentist app,,

we,l see

TRAIL BLAZER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast