Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 49er/Bronco gameday thread

Quote Originally Posted by MustHuntAndFish View Post
    I was there too... Montana's arm was every bit as strong as Manning's. Manning has never been known for having a strong arm... and what else is there to judge a QBs athleticism on other than their ability to run and avoid defenders?

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.. my friend!
    I think your point of Manning running his own offense and not Bill Walsh west coast offense is the tie breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    But you put Manning on those 80's 9er teams and he wins just as many.
    Those teams won because of the system they ran. Montana was perfect for that system.

Manning wouldn't work in that system and the players on those teams probably wouldn't work in the system Manning runs today. There's no gaurantee Manning would have won with those teams.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    I think your point of Manning running his own offense and not Bill Walsh west coast offense is the tie breaker.
    Fair enough! Both are system QBs but Manning "ownes" his system and takes it where ever he goes. If that's your argument for Manning being better, then it's a valid one. I just can't agree that Manning is more athletic.

As far as who's better? I still say Montana was 4 for 4 in Super Bowls! That's all I've got... Lol!
    Last edited by MustHuntAndFish; 10-20-2014 at 12:55 PM.

Still cant forget what manning did on last SB.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456