Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I want to pay it forward

i just know that growing up around fishing as much as i was, i always saw the kids that had the parents that bought them everything whether they deserved it or not. my parents without a doubt have supported my habit since i was in diapers. true story, i have a picture standing on the trolling motor pedal with a baitcaster in my hand haha.

anyway, i ground the gear that was my dads into the dirt until i could afford my own baitcast set up. my first true rod and reel that was my own was one that i had won in a tournament. i hopped the fence to a private community lake and entered their bass tournament. i won the even with only one fish :D.

needless to say growing up not having things like the next guy, taught me it wasn't all about the material. it was about the passion and the willingness to learn and get better for yourself. now that im in the position that im in, i really want to find a kid that was "just like me" in away. id like to see a kid who either cant afford, doesnt have or just wants to learn given a gift from me to boost them towards their dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    i just know that growing up around fishing as much as i was, i always saw the kids that had the parents that bought them everything whether they deserved it or not. my parents without a doubt have supported my habit since i was in diapers. true story, i have a picture standing on the trolling motor pedal with a baitcaster in my hand haha.

anyway, i ground the gear that was my dads into the dirt until i could afford my own baitcast set up. my first true rod and reel that was my own was one that i had won in a tournament. i hopped the fence to a private community lake and entered their bass tournament. i won the even with only one fish :D.

needless to say growing up not having things like the next guy, taught me it wasn't all about the material. it was about the passion and the willingness to learn and get better for yourself. now that im in the position that im in, i really want to find a kid that was "just like me" in away. id like to see a kid who either cant afford, doesnt have or just wants to learn given a gift from me to boost them towards their dreams.
    There is an army of youth here in Hemet that would snap at such an offer! In fact with the help of Lastchance, DVL Marina and one of their Poontoon boats,not just one less fortunate but a small group at a time could experiance the Matt Magnone bass rush! Each weekend could be the experance of a lifetime for a different group! Then it could evolve into something resembling Disnyland accross SO Cal! DO IT!!!!!Become a Sombody while you have the LASTCHANCE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    There is an army of youth here in Hemet that would snap at such an offer! In fact with the help of Lastchance, DVL Marina and one of their Poontoon boats,not just one less fortunate but a small group at a time could experiance the Matt Magnone bass rush! Each weekend could be the experance of a lifetime for a different group! Then it could evolve into something resembling Disnyland accross SO Cal! DO IT!!!!!Become a Sombody while you have the LASTCHANCE!!!
    But WAIT it gets even BETTER; If given the chance to either choose between a meth pipe or the Matt Magone bass experiance and that kid chooses the latter, it could in fact save his or hers life and .... who knows .... that person could be the one that cures cancer! Great trends, Ideas, and people used to be a Trademark of So Cal why should this Idea be any different!

🙏That's awesome 💯👍

That is a neat deal there

Great read and awesome gesture....way to pay it forward Matt!

TD

Wishing I was a kid, but I'm just a wee bit over at age 45.

Very impressive Matt. Congrats to you for your actions!

Hey Matt,

That is awesome that you are starting a program like this on here, what you might want to add is donation for the program are welcome. If you like I have some Lucky Craft Lures and some senkos and plastics I would love to send to you. I was truly amazed how many people were willing to donate to a good cause on SU Facebook page it is always to give back once a while. Also congratulations on your life change with choosing a healthy life.

Jonathan Nguyen

-Pay It Forward-

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    Nominations to be sent as a Private Message.

Rules:
    - Must be 18 years old or younger
    - Picture of their latest report card
    - "He or She" must pay something forward, of their own, after receiving the gift

Here's what I'm looking for as an entry:

1.) Name-
    2.) Age-
    3.) Location-
    4.) Paragraph explaining why they deserve this gift
    5.) Photo of them with a fish

Thanks for reading
    -Matt
    Matt,
    My name is Adam and I am 14 years old. I sent you my application a few days ago but I have not received a confirmation on the Private Message. In my message I said that I could not figure out how to attach pictures to the Private Message. It seems to work different from posts. I need to provide my grades and a picture of me holding a bass per the rules. Please check your private messages and let me know if there is another way to get you my stuff for the contest.
    Thank you.
    Adam

Matt, how did your contest end up? Did you find the kid you were looking for?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast