Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Petition for trout plants at lower lagoon.

Dont ya know the tree huggin fool from the other state that filed this which investigation has never been done, seems to think that the trout are gonna escape out of the lagoon, grow their "landlegs" once they make it under the other side of the bridge, WALK all the way to Malibu or wherever the steelhead are at and turn that into a brothel?!!! (can you hear the sarcasm?). Either way the Lagoon is where my dad took me fishing when I was a kid, countless trout, bass, bluegill had been caught there by us, and it's where I took my daughter fishing when she was little, would I like to take my granddaughter (now that I'm a grandpa) there fishing when she gets old enough, of course I would.
    The more people we can get to sign the petition the more "ammo" we'll have in getting them to start stocking the lagoon again.

Quote Originally Posted by fshnritchey View Post
    kwin is correct that the lagoon will probably not get stocked again. It has nothing to do with the amount of signatures on a petition, it has to do with whether or not they can get a ruling turned over that the stockings will affect a native population of trout using the santa clara river and its tributaries. The native trout are there but they have been stocking area waters for decades now so what damage could be done has been done.
    We need open season On tree huggers

I'd sign the petition as long as Pyramid doesn't continue to get its unjust over stockage

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    ...which I believe are triploids, and like Seal said, how can they possibly potentially interbreed with some downstream steelhead?
    Excellent question.

I'm on the edge of my seat ready for a response.

(Another question is, what is being done to protect these steelhead in those tributaries, aside from making fishing illegal in those areas. I believe the biggest determinant of preventing those Steelhead from breeding are dams, and the destruction of natural habitat, and we aren't knocking down them down any time soon nor rebuilding these natural habitats, so why the fuss on the interbreeding, if major obstacles and issues are not being brought to the table?)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12