Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: The OFFICIAL World Series 2014 Thread brought to You by Walmart and Leather cologn.

Default The OFFICIAL World Series 2014 Thread brought to You by Walmart and Leather cologn.

Who thinks it will be televised? (and if so, how many dozen viewers will it pull if it's up against the Full House marathon?)

Of course, City Girl and I will be watching (it's a household tradition) and anyway, this Fall Classic offers kind of a lesson on not giving up and the grace of accepting that good things happen to bad people.

Is there any possible way the giants loose this thing?
    Last edited by City Dad; 10-17-2014 at 04:11 PM.

KC in 7.

The vaGiants' luck is soon to run out.

KC has been playing "non ESPN/Nielsen rating type of baseball that attracts millions", i.e. bunting, sacrificing, stealing, etc, which is fundamental, not based on some nerd sitting in front of a computer analyzing sabermetrics.

Although, I will disclose that if the vaGiants were playing Satan and his crew of merry men, I'd be rooting for Satan.

I'm torn. I want to keep hating on the bay area but I like Bochy.

I guess the real question is, who cares?

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I guess the real question is, who cares?
    The 10,000 San Fran fans who will use their WS victory as more ammunition to not appreciate their teams accomplishment, but to use it to bring down the fans of their rival organization?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    The 10,000 San Fran fans who will use their WS victory as more ammunition to not appreciate their teams accomplishment, but to use it to bring down the fans of their rival organization?
    one of my brother-in-laws has been a die-hard Giants fan every other October for five years running now (and once in 2002) so, I fully expect to get an earful at Thanksgiving.

So who won the World Series? I've been in West Africa all week for a business trip.