Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: San Gabes Trip Video Report: Trashed by Gold miners, trout say goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by JAG107 View Post
    Maybe DFW will try to eradicate any trout left Yosemite-style since president Obola just declared the Gabes a national monument. And are those "urban petroglyphs" going to be federally protected like the mountain yellow legged steelhead that the trout are supposedly threatening?
    Urban petroglyphs, mountain yellow legged steelhead
    LMAO! Good one. But can the mountain yellow legged steelheads run out of the water and bite you? That is some serious evolution there...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    But the graffiti is just modern art right? Got something against the US flag DS? Funny how you minimize what's truly doing the vast majority of the amount of damage, yet use the American flag in sarcasm ridiculing those who believe in less government intrusion. In the vid above, the so called "prospector damage" I saw looked like a fairly new pair of rubber boots set on the ground, a pack of Marlboro cigs that looked new enough to still have some in it, a few animal dens dug under a tree, a few rocks moved that will be moved again in the next torrential downpour, if one ever happens again, and a couple of holes see last sentence...
    My point was that the stream's destruction come from people from ALL walks of life, but yet YOUR focus seems to be on a certain demographic.

And you prove my point by actually thinking that the holes in the ground are "animal dens." Not only can you not admit that these holes are from the miners, you're actually going a step further by trying to blame the animals now. At least keep your argument consistent and blame the illegals for digging the holes as well.

DS you are minimizing the reality that the weekend swimmer, picnickers and party people are doing the vast majority of damage and on a regular basis. MJ growers and miners do damage too, yes, but to compare the amount of devastation caused by them to the party crowds is a little ridiculous. Yes the mining damage or MJ grows piss me off too but come on a little dose of reality brother doesn't hurt! Get pissed at um all but don't minimize what is reality!

This message has been brought to you by Silverwood lake where there is no mining but there is plenty of human caused habitat destruction and polution.

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    DS you are minimizing the reality that the weekend swimmer, picnickers and party people are doing the vast majority of damage and on a regular basis. MJ growers and miners do damage too, yes, but to compare the amount of devastation caused by them to the party crowds is a little ridiculous. Yes the mining damage or MJ grows piss me off too but come on a little dose of reality brother doesn't hurt! Get pissed at um all but don't minimize what is reality!

This message has been brought to you by Silverwood lake where there is no mining but there is plenty of human caused habitat destruction and polution.
    Seal,

Not really 'minimizing' the reality, because the damage to the area, of course, also comes from the weekend swimmers. I can admit that and I'm not denying that.

I'm rather, pointing out the fact that not only is Hawgz not just minimizing the miner's contribution, but is actually under the impression that these are animal dens. That's not minimizing the reality, that's straight up refusing to admit they also cause damage.

But then again, you can clearly tell his feelings towards these "weekend swimmers" throughout this post and others, so it doesn't surprise me that the miners are getting a pass from him, and he's actual defending them by informing us that those are animal dens. Why is that?

That's like me saying that the graffiti and trash being left behind by "weekend swimmers" is, what's the term?... "Modern Art."

Ridiculous, right?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Seal,

Not really 'minimizing' the reality, because the damage to the area, of course, also comes from the weekend swimmers. I can admit that and I'm not denying that.

I'm rather, pointing out the fact that not only is Hawgz not just minimizing the miner's contribution, but is actually under the impression that these are animal dens. That's not minimizing the reality, that's straight up refusing to admit they also cause damage.

But then again, you can clearly tell his feelings towards these "weekend swimmers" throughout this post and others, so it doesn't surprise me that the miners are getting a pass from him, and he's actual defending them by informing us that those are animal dens. Why is that?

That's like me saying that the graffiti and trash being left behind by "weekend swimmers" is, what's the term?... "Modern Art."

Ridiculous, right?
    Meh, I only stated the holes under the tree were animal dens which happens in all forested areas. The damage in that area is overwhelmingly caused by your "weekend warriors". Sorry pal, that was one of my old stomping grounds and I know full well what has taken place up there. Sorry you can't accept that fact. As for the prospectors damage, from what I saw in the video, it's nothing that a good solid rainstorm wouldn't wash away...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Meh, I only stated the holes under the tree were animal dens which happens in all forested areas. The damage in that area is overwhelmingly caused by your "weekend warriors". Sorry pal, that was one of my old stomping grounds and I know full well what has taken place up there. Sorry you can't accept that fact. As for the prospectors damage, from what I saw in the video, it's nothing that a good solid rainstorm wouldn't wash away...
    If we were to ever get an old fashioned "Texas Frog Strangler" rain it could also wash the trash away. A perfect scenario would have it happen when the "Weekend Warriors and Taggers" were there.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    My point was that the stream's destruction come from people from ALL walks of life, but yet YOUR focus seems to be on a certain demographic.

And you prove my point by actually thinking that the holes in the ground are "animal dens." Not only can you not admit that these holes are from the miners, you're actually going a step further by trying to blame the animals now. At least keep your argument consistent and blame the illegals for digging the holes as well.
    In other areas such as Ogden Utah it actually was "White Trash" that decimated its' local resources! However....The people came together and created a positive change for the future of their children and childrens children! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZE9ylFd5YY

Quote Originally Posted by noleash View Post
    In other areas such as Ogden Utah it actually was "White Trash" that decimated its' local resources! However....The people came together and created a positive change for the future of their children and childrens children! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZE9ylFd5YY
    Maybe Lady Quagga could draft up a petition to be distributed to all SO Cal outdoor retail chains and Bait /Tackle shops were as such legislation could become Law to restore/protect/while leaving access open to the public!?? Open land in So Cal and access to it is more important today then EVER and such a change isn't just warrented it's nessasary to protect the soverign way of life in So Cal "FOR EVERYONE" PS please excuse any grammer flaws in this post!

Maybe Lady Quagga could draft up a petition to be distributed to all SO Cal outdoor retail chains and Bait /Tackle shops were as such legislation could become Law to restore/protect/while leaving access open to the public!?? Open land in So Cal and access to it is more important today then EVER and such a change isn't just warrented it's nessasary to protect the soverign way of life in So Cal "FOR EVERYONE" PS please excuse any grammer flaws in this post!
    Living in Ogden from 07-10 I became witness to what the Love of giving back to something that has giving so much to us can become! Christmass day 2007......Ring ... Ring .... Hello .... Hey Dad wat's up? .... Fishing the river.... I always release them ...Why.. do you want one? ....OK... Hung Up.... Bendo>>>Landed a NICe 6# er took it over to Dad and they ate it for C-mas dinner! Dad born and raised in Ogden -Never THRASED his local resource and inso not doing it said HELLO in the most special way nature can !! Knowing the MAGIC of the local mountains it's definately worth FIGHTING FOR!!!!

Living in Ogden from 07-10 I became witness to what the Love of giving back to something that has giving so much to us can become! Christmass day 2007......Ring ... Ring .... Hello .... Hey Dad wat's up? .... Fishing the river.... I always release them ...Why.. do you want one? ....OK... Hung Up.... Bendo>>>Landed a NICe 6# er took it over to Dad and they ate it for C-mas dinner! Dad born and raised in Ogden -Never THRASED his local resource and inso not doing it said HELLO in the most special way nature can !! Knowing the MAGIC of the local mountains it's definately worth FIGHTING FOR!!!!
    6# BROWN TROUT that was!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast