Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fair Stocking Policy – Big Trout for Everyone!!

Thumbs up Fair Stocking Policy – Big Trout for Everyone!!

Fair Stocking Policy – Big Trout for Everyone!!
    Santa Ana River Lakes, Corona Lake - New stocking policy for the 2014/2015 Trout Season

Santa Ana River Lakes and Corona Lake has always stocked more big fish than any other lakes. However, year after year, many trout, including some of the biggest, are quickly caught right next to the stocking areas. We want to change this so everyone (and not just a few) gets the opportunity of having fun and catching the “trophy of a lifetime.”

This Trout Season, we will be stocking every Thursday morning. However, we will be CLOSED for Day and Night Fishing on Thursdays. We have decided to sacrifice one whole day of business to give the freshly stocked trout a sporting chance to better acclimate to the lake water without any fishing pressure. This will give the trout 24 hours to migrate away from the stocking areas and evenly populate the Lake, giving everyone a better opportunity at catching them on the weekends and throughout the week.

We know you are serious about your fishing, and we are just as serious about providing you with the best value and opportunity for your fishing dollar. We will continue providing stocking videos every week, and if anybody wants to watch the trout stockings on Thursdays, they are more than welcome, just leave your fishing pole at home.

Santa Ana River Lakes will be full with water all season long and will be open for Day and Night Fishing every day, except Thursday.
    Corona Lake (due to the drought and low water conditions) will only be open Friday, Saturday and Sunday for Day and Night Fishing and closed for the rest of the week, until the Lake gets more water. We plan on stocking Corona Lake with trout as long as we can determine that it is safe to do so.

We will be making our announcement very soon as to when we will begin stocking trout at SARL along with our Trout Opener and all the other exciting events and tournaments coming this season.

We believe these changes will make this one of the BEST FISHING Trout Seasons EVER, for EVERYONE!!
    Thank you for all your tremendous support!

Very good news! I am excited to land a DD this season

Excellent news! I think that will make for a lot better fishing experience for everyone. Thank you. Now we just need some rain so you can be open more than just 3 days a week. It's gonna be a crazy zoo out there with only those days available to fish.

Wow,
    That is a great move on the lakes part too let the fish have a chance from the stock truck chasers!

I applaud the Lake for making this decision
    I got to be honest this was the reason I stopped fishing the lakes being how I can only fish on weekends.
    Now Everyone has a shot at the Monsters! Woohooo
    Can not wait to get back out there again!

Nice! This is great news. I have never liked fishing on a plant day, fish don't really bite and there's just too many, well, goofs out there perpetrating. Marley's Secret Spot 1.1 is sure to holding an extra fatty or two this year!

This looks very promising. I support giving the fish a chance to spread out.

Great call, that should help in thwarting Team Snaggalicious!! (now to just have security enforce the 2 rod limit rule and we'll really be cooking!)

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Great call, that should help in thwarting Team Snaggalicious!!
    Thanks I wanted to make this type of comment but I'm afraid at some point the Team is going to put a hit out on me, lol.

Definitely a great idea, cant wait for the season to start!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast