Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skinner 10/15 water level!!

Default Skinner 10/15 water level!!

Hey guys. I've had a few PM's from guys asking about the water level. It is the lowest I've seen it. It went down a few feet since yesterday! The gal at the gate tells me it's going to go down even more. Be careful out there.

Yup, we were out there today too Pat. It's the lowest I've ever seen it. But water was coming in at a really good clip. The bite was ok. Nothing to brag about but we did bring in a couple of nice 5lbrs, a few keepers and a bunch of dinks...

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Yup, we were out there today too Pat. It's the lowest I've ever seen it. But water was coming in at a really good clip. The bite was ok. Nothing to brag about but we did bring in a couple of nice 5lbrs, a few keepers and a bunch of dinks...
    Theres no 5 pounders in Skinner.....You must be in the wrong section. DVL is <^> that way.

What rig were you in Hawg? I did not know you came to Skinner. Would be cool to meet some of the local regular forum posters.

Hawgz, the water has been coming in like that all month, and it's still dropping fast. I'm with Bob, If I had known you were there I'd liked to have said hello.

Yep blame it on 20 minute showers and landscaping

Out there again today. You can now only fit one boat on each dock. Also, the inlet is now unfishable. So much orange moss stuff all around it fouls your hook on every cast. Be Careful! the fence posts are now sticking up at the inlet! Talked with an MWD person at the dock. It's coming down even more. Maybe 3 feet. Anyway there are fish to be caught, so I'll be there. Did so-so today. 5 fish by 10:30.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Out there again today. You can now only fit one boat on each dock. Also, the inlet is now unfishable. So much orange moss stuff all around it fouls your hook on every cast. Be Careful! the fence posts are now sticking up at the inlet! Talked with an MWD person at the dock. It's coming down even more. Maybe 3 feet. Anyway there are fish to be caught, so I'll be there. Did so-so today. 5 fish by 10:30.

Ha ur Patrick, we were the guys fishing from shore. You know my buddie that goes there everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    Hawgz, the water has been coming in like that all month, and it's still dropping fast. I'm with Bob, If I had known you were there I'd liked to have said hello.
    What boat were you in? I was looking for you as I knew you are there a lot. We are in a Stratos 175XT. I'll give you a heads up before we go out there next time. Man I thought for sure there would be a topwater bite with the cloud cover and cooling water. Ended up catching everything with a custom t-rig/jig in the weeds and a small Darter head with a white reaction innovations paddle tail on it. No sign of Stripey. Looking forward to meeting you Pat...

Grey Tracker pt175. Always have sunglasses and often a buff pulled up on my face. I often troll standing up. Funny, stripers are there but not up boiling (except a flurry of micro dinks). I caught stripers today on jerkbaits in 2-4 feet of water. Never saw them but just casted against the shore. The troll bite was good this morning 10/17 until 9:00 then it just shut down. I hear the evening bite is real good though.

I have a feeling its gonna get even worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast